• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench Roundup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench Roundup

Who's doing what and how's it going in Benchville right now?

4 weeks out now and enjoying it too much.

Managed to stick to my running now up to 4 x 30 mins per week.

Day 2 off the bench and it's tulip ! My benchdom 'working' day was down to about 2 hours, now in my tenth hour today and knackered.

Comment

Month 4 on the bench, although tiding myself over with a small amount of (well paid) consultancy work for now until a gig comes up.

From my conversations today with agents it would seem that the 'project' market is quite saturated. One agent told me today for one role they'd had the most applicants they'd ever experienced in their 14yrs in the job. I hope there's a few big budgets signed off in April or I guess it's time to start asking people if they would like to go large for an extra 30p!
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Self benched 4 weeks ago ( 15% cut never went down well ).

Working on plan B full time, so are my little slaves in Lahore.

Comment

Month three. Enjoying myself. I can find enough to do until May / June time unless a good contract comes up - which seems rather unlikely.

Comment

What is it with the pimps. Still tell you you are up for the role and then you see it is reposted on the job sites. I wouldnt mind if they could just be honest and say we have/have not put you forward, or you did/didnt get it.

Simple isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
              What is it with the pimps. Still tell you you are up for the role and then you see it is reposted on the job sites. I wouldnt mind if they could just be honest and say we have/have not put you forward, or you did/didnt get it.

Simple isnt it?
              That would require the pimps to tell the truth, I'm sure you can see where the answer to your question is when you bear that in mind.

How can you tell when an agent is telling you a lie? Simple their lips are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post

Simple isnt it?
                Pimps are interested in the priceless info about the last few jobs on your C.V.
                You, on the other hand are just dumb meat.

Comment

Been benched (my choice) since end of Dec. Have been enjoying the slack time but now really itching to get my teeth into some new projects. I dont expect to pick anything up until April so doing some courses and a MCTS exam while I have the time.

I was in the same positon this time last year and I find the beginning of the year is always a bad time... Role on April..

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Self benched 4 weeks ago ( 15% cut never went down well ).

Working on plan B full time, so are my little slaves in Lahore.
                    why would you want to employ a bunch of terrorists?

Comment

Working...
                    X