• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resource Flattening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resource Flattening

Overheard one manager type say this to another more senior manager type.

Anyone know what this particular bit of management speak means? Does it mean get rid of all the contractors? Or perhaps it means give all the contractors a big raise at renewal time?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Nah, it involves a staff lineup and a steamroller.

Comment

Getting rid of middle managers. Hire contractors instead.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Maybe I misheard and it was "Resource fattening".
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Getting rid of middle managers. Hire contractors instead.
          Utopian optimism is still alive!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Overheard one manager type say this to another more senior manager type.

Anyone know what this particular bit of management speak means? Does it mean get rid of all the contractors? Or perhaps it means give all the contractors a big raise at renewal time?
            I wouldn't worry....I am sure they are referring to resource levelling. Nothing to worry about.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

They must have taken Violet Beauregarde from accounts down to the juicing room.

Comment

It is Procrustean assignment applied to the work force.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I think he's going to buy you all a bag of chips
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I have not heard this expression but my interpretation of this would be that projects are now constrained as to how many resources can be put on it, meaning the same work has to be done in the same time with less people or it may have to take longer. Interesting times for the PMs!
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X