• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC News Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News Website

Silly question perhaps but when you access BBC news whilst overseas are you served up a different page to the one you would see if you were online within the UK?

I've noticed that on the main page there is rarely or never any story at all relating specifically to the uk - recently they've been leading with Gaza, DR Congo, Zimbabwe etc - worthy stories in themselves but I'm sure they never used to be this world centric. I'd have thought that the turmoil in the banking sector/ stock markets might be worth a mention from time to time. Today is no exception - the only uk related story is last nights football. What are the leading stories today as viewed from within the uk?

On the version you're viewing is there a "UK Version" option towards the bottom left of the page?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

You can set your regional preferences.

I keep mine on UK when in the UK but world when I travel.

For those not getting the gist of todays important UK news, the main headline is Stockport getting a draw at Leicester....

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Yup.

Doesn't exactly leap out at you though!

Comment

They have been doing this for many years. Hit the UK menu item on the left hand side and all should be well. I've a feeling they use cookies to remember your preferences.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
            For those not getting the gist of todays important UK news, the main headline is Stockport getting a draw at Leicester....
            And in more breaking news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7922825.stm
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Groan - more HSM crap DD will collect then.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
              X