• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies Commission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies Commission

Just wanted to know what's the maximum an agency can deduct off your daily rate for commision.

I've just found out that my agency is taking £155 per day for me, i think this is too much and want to know if i have any legal rights to cut it down?

How can you have any legal rights on what an agency charges?

If I buy a car from you and sell it again at a profit, do you have any legal rights on how much profit I make?

Just learn from this and move on. Next time, if you feel you can justify it and are prepared to take the gamble, negotiate for a higher rate!

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
      Just wanted to know what's the maximum an agency can deduct off your daily rate for commision.
      100%
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
        How can you have any legal rights on what an agency charges?

If I buy a car from you and sell it again at a profit, do you have any legal rights on how much profit I make?

Just learn from this and move on. Next time, if you feel you can justify it and are prepared to take the gamble, negotiate for a higher rate!
        I know i don't have any rights to how much they make off me, but it's annoying knowing that i do all the hard work for them to just make all that money off me.

Comment

I've just found out that my agency is taking £155 per day for me, i think this is too much and want to know if i have any legal rights to cut it down?
          £155 does seem excessive, but I guess it depends what you're daily rate is. If you've negotiated a daily rate, and are happy with it, then does it really matter what the agency are creaming off the top?
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Whatever they can get away with. If you were happy with the rate when you took the job why worry about it?

At least this way when it comes time to negotiate an extension you know just how much room the agency has to manouver on it's commission.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Its called agency profit.

It is not commission.

You work for the agency.

They work for the client.

Its none of your business.

Comment

it's annoying knowing that i do all the hard work for them to just make all that money off me.
                Welcome to contracting!! That's why there is more to setting rates then just saying yes!

Comment

I know i don't have any rights to how much they make off me, but it's annoying knowing that i do all the hard work for them to just make all that money off me.
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Update on this

I gambled and called the agency telling them that i've offered another job, paying £50 more per day and i wanted to know if they would beat the offer.

They said yes and agreed to give me the £50 extra that i asked for.

Lucky for me the gamble paid off.

Comment

Working...
                    X