• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Co name change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Co name change

From the home page IR35 article:

“We do know, however, that HMRC have to prioritise between cases, and there are ways of keeping your head below the parapet,” Mr Kell advised.

“A less obviously-named company than ‘Joe Bloggs Computer Services Ltd’ such as ‘High Window Ltd’ might attract less attention [from the Revenue]…

“Out of a ‘High Window Ltd’ and ‘Joe Bloggs Computer Services Ltd’ it’s obvious which one a typical HMRC inspector, often with a suspicion and misunderstanding of freelancing, would look into.”
    Will a company name change raise more suspicion than leaving it as it is?

Starting to regret my rash decision to name my Co ******** IT Services.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

When I got my company my accountant had a list of pre formed off the shelf companies - one was called Supercrook ltd. I wonder how much trouble that would have had with the revenue.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      From the home page IR35 article:

Will a company name change raise more suspicion than leaving it as it is?

Starting to regret my rash decision to name my Co ******** IT Services.
      Ditto

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I was toying with Bagpuss funeral services ltd
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Thank god I chose Honest Tax Payer Ltd

Comment

Next time I'm benched I think I'll be doing a bit of 'phoenixing'.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Aye, my company name states what I do, but does not mention or imply IT.

I got a call from those nice people at the revenue about three years ago, doing a 'survey'. The chap asked what I did. I told him, from a non-IT point of view. After 20 seconds, during which time I could hear muffled consultation, the chap came back on and said "Thanks, but that's not the type of business we are surveying. Goodbye."

To be honest, a lot of my contracts have not been IT-oriented, except for the use of a computer to write things and communicate.

Comment

How about

"Inland Revenue Are Facist Bastards" Ltd?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  How about

"Inland Revenue Are Facist Bastards" Ltd?

You'd need to change that to:

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs are Fascist Bastards Ltd.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

I'm Spending My Extra NI on Whores Ltd

Comment

Working...
                    X