• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrrr agency !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrrr agency !!!

'Rant on'
    NOT enjoying th game at the moment.
    Been getting splinters for 3 months, scored first interview in all that time 5 weeks after first contact about a job, this is only due to someone else dropping out the day before. Ok, so I go in and get the job, I give up on it after not hearing for 5 days but I get the call saying it's mine. I then go through the usual production of every piece of paper from my day of birth and sort out insurances that they are insisting on.
    Since then I am getting ****ed about by the client and the agency, 'just waiting for the final signature' blah blah. 3 weeks later it is 'should be this week, maybe early next'.
    I specifically asked if they had the budget in place, which they claimed to. I can see things being pulled which is quite hard to take as you raise your hopes and then get size 12's in your lovespuds !!
    I can accept the client may be putting delays in place but there are professional ways to deal with people and the agency has been very poor, no communication without me chasing for updates, story changes every time, clueless really, I'm not surprised as I have been in the game a while but as usual it is unecessary and disappointing.
    So, usual tale of woe except I have another interview today, (which I shouldn't be available as I agreed to start at the other place yesterday !)Would love to get this one, it pays more and is closer AND I get the pleasure of letting the other agency leave me messages and chase me for updates for a change !
    Good luck to all looking, it's rough out there at the moment !

One word.

Whitespace.

HTH

Comment

Two words,

DEAP BREATHS

Comment

One word.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          'Rant on'
          And why not?
          Ok, so I go in and get the job
          Well done!

I specifically asked if they had the budget in place
          Good thinking.

and the agency has been very poor
          Ain't it annoying they get rich by being poor?

I have another interview today
          Well done! It is really, really hard to keep looking when you have an offer. You have been rewarded and you deserve to be.

Good luck to all looking, it's rough out there at the moment !
          And still positive with it.

Ignore the wind-up merchants. They haven't had their daily wank yet. Come and post in Test Please Delete for love and cuddles.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            Two words,

DEAP BREATHS
            One word: speeling!

Comment

'Rant on'
              You should never forget to turn your rant off. If anything it's just bad manners...
              Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

In situations like yours I would ring the client and get the real story
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
                  You should never forget to turn your rant off. If anything it's just bad manners...
                  It might just switch off when it goes out of scope at the end of the post.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    It might just switch off when it goes out of scope at the end of the post.
                    It was the first line of the first post. That might make it a global and apply to BLOODY AGENTS the entire thread. In that case it would tulipBAGS still be on.

But you are probably LYING SCUM right.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X