• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money supply & gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money supply & gold

With the announcement today that the government are going to expand the money supply by up to £150bn (£150,000,000,000), I was wondering what the general opinion was on this and whether anyone has any good ideas to tackle these ridiculous methods of sorting out the economy. [If you spent £200,000 every day from year 0 to today, you would still not spend as much as that.] This is going to effectively be a covert tax on everyone, devaluing the already dwindling pound.

In my opinion, these policies, including the recent failures of various banks, have been carefully orchestrated in order to bring in global policies that will lead to a 'solution' where we have a global currency, a very effective means of worldwide control.

Also, does anyone have a good recommendation for buying gold or other similar non-fiat-based unit of currency.

Originally posted by WavesAtPlay View Post
    Also, does anyone have a good recommendation for buying gold or other similar non-fiat-based unit of currency.
    I bought mine at bullionvault (http://www.bullionvault.com).

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by WavesAtPlay View Post
      With the announcement today that the government are going to expand the money supply by up to £150bn (£150,000,000,000), I was wondering what the general opinion was on this and whether anyone has any good ideas to tackle these ridiculous methods of sorting out the economy. Also, does anyone have a good recommendation for buying gold or other similar non-fiat-based unit of currency.
      I think the UK goverment has acted too soon to print money. That was the last option, now they have taken it, they have none left.

Gold it will be a bit heavy when you need to go to buy a loaf of bread. Invest in a wheelbarrow to carry the cash like everyone else.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

What is all this wheelbarrow to carry cash nonsense? The economy is deflating not inflating.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          What is all this wheelbarrow to carry cash nonsense? The economy is deflating not inflating.
          So you don't think printing money will cause the £ to devalue.
          Making imported goods more expensive.
          Causing inflation.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

We tend to import luxury goods, electronics, cars etc. Exactly the items people won't be buying anyway. Moreover, the pound isn't going to collapse when the world economy is in the same state. I'm sure the right wing media are drawing parallels with Zimbabwe, but it's apples and oranges.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Stupid novice question:

When the government prints this money how is it "injected" into the economy?

Comment

It is dropped as £50 notes from a military aircraft over Labour marginals.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I think the UK goverment has acted too soon to print money. That was the last option, now they have taken it, they have none left.

They had to act very quickly because we have an election looming !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                    Stupid novice question:

When the government prints this money how is it "injected" into the economy?
                    they don't print money, like when you spend on your credit card, no money is printed

Comment

Working...
                    X