• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Base rate cut 0.5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base rate cut 0.5%

.. just announced

And exactly what will this achieve?

Will mortgages get cheaper? No.

Will savers be better off? No.

Comment

My tracker will be cheaper, but is was very low anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        And exactly what will this achieve?

Will mortgages get cheaper? No.
        It depends on your mortgage doesn't it?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Cybermoron, Why don't you go and laugh at all those less fortunate than yourself? Start with the Job Centre
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It depends on your mortgage doesn't it?

Those on fixed rate. No.

Those on SVR, likelyhood no.

Those on tracker, mostly have collar, so no.

AFAIK, only one mortgage is tracker no collar.

So overall, for 99% of people in the UK, they will be no better or even worse off (savers).

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Cybermoron, Why don't you go and laugh at all those less fortunate than yourself? Start with the Job Centre
              Sourpuss, I know you are one of the less fortunate, but trust me, your beloved HMG will turn this disaster around one day.

Comment

Complete waste of time. A few mortgages will drop in price. Big deal.

Credit card APR's are on average 17% and loan APR's are around 8% and these aren't moving so people won't really have any spare cash to put back into the economy. And those poor sods who have saved a few quid are shat on again.

My cousin has just come off a fixed rate and is £300 a month better off. Is he saving it or blowing it and laughing. Exactly - and that's the sort of person who helped get us into this mess in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Those on fixed rate. No.

Those on SVR, likelyhood no.

Those on tracker, mostly have collar, so no.

AFAIK, only one mortgage is tracker no collar.

So overall, for 99% of people in the UK, they will be no better or even worse off (savers).

At least people on fixes have an opportunity to buy themselves out into a cheaper mortgage, and very low rates make this more cost-effective. SVRs are falling with the cuts.

My tracker mortgage with First Direct has no collar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    At least people on fixes have an opportunity to buy themselves out into a cheaper mortgage, and very low rates make this more cost-effective. SVRs are falling with the cuts.

My tracker mortgage with First Direct has no collar.

Doesn't affect my mortgage one bit. I paid it all off ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X