• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time of Opportunity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time of Opportunity

Everyone is so glum, but you need to start seeing the opportunities. You can make more money from a recession than any boom. Buy assets cheaply and hold on, you'll be rich come the next boom.

Rich I tell ye!

But I can tell there are few rich thinkers on this board.

Comment/ ridicule/ spell check/change the topic/post abuse etc.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Everyone is so glum, but you need to start seeing the opportunities. You can make more money from a recession than any boom. Buy assets cheaply and hold on, you'll be rich come the next boom.

Rich I tell ye!

Comment/ ridicule/ spell check/change the topic/post abuse etc.
    I'm happy, I have been waiting for this recession, as I would like to buy a flat in London, but everything has been overpriced for a long time.

As £ is devaluing I need to spend the money in the UK as it's not worth taking anywhere else to spend.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I reckon Spurs will stay up if they can continue their current form. Boro look knackered though.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        As £ is devaluing I need to spend the money in the UK as it's not worth taking anywhere else to spend.
        Is the pound devaluing? The dollar is higher than a month ago, as is the Euro
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Is the pound devaluing? The dollar is higher than a month ago, as is the Euro
          The impact of the .5% interest and the BoE printing money has not factored into the market yet.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

America is 'printing' money too you know. The market surely has factored it in, or are they really that slow?

Comment

America is 'printing' money too you know. The market surely has factored it in, or are they really that slow?
              Slow, we still have another year of the slide to bottom to go. Well I hope I can hold my nerve until then before I buy.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

It's all relative to the world economy though. On a recent trip to America, there was little mention of UK doom (you'd think from the bleeting on here it's only the UK), but item after item about their economic woes.

The UK media is ramping it up from a UK persepctive, as they would, which makes for introverted thinking.

Therefore I don't expect another significant run on the currency IMHO

Comment

Therefore I don't expect another significant run on the currency IMHO
                  I don't expect a run, just a slow decline
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I think the FTSE will bottom out nearer to 3000 than the 3500 it is now.

Loads more bad news still to come in 2009!

Maybe then its time to BUY BUY BUY shares?

Comment

Working...
                    X