• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Base rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base rates

Soooo.......now that the Bank of England base rate is at 0.5%, what interest rate do you think will be the cheapest on offer for a loan?! Who with?

Personally, I cant see the banks offering decent rate loans. Can anyone?

Personal loan rates if anythting seem to have gone up. Only the Governemnt is willing to loan money for nothing.
    Having said that the best deals are on so called 0% credit cards (usually 3% fee for balance transfer)
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Personal loan rates if anythting seem to have gone up. Only the Governemnt is willing to loan money for nothing.
      Having said that the best deals are on so called 0% credit cards (usually 3% fee for balance transfer)

If you think that those are good deals then you really are financially illiterate.

Comment

I made a few K off interest free credit cards, I would explain but it's far too complex for you
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 5 March 2009, 15:11.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          If you think that those are good deals then you really are financially illiterate.
          Really? So a CC company that charges 16% interest is better than one that offers 0% over a fixed period of time? To use Bagpuss' example... are you saying that a Loan with a monthly interest rate (of whatever it is at the moment... about 8% or above?) is better than a 0% interest fixed period credit card?

I had been reluctant to get a new Credit card until I had changed bank accounts. Tried to get a Capital One 8% card, only to find that they had (at the time) a hidden clause in their offering whereby you had to be a home owner to qualify.

I'm now with HSBC and have a 14 month interest free period on my Credit Balance Transfer (with the obligatory 3% transfer which worked out at about £130). When it gets to the end of the period, I will either pay off as much as I can as a lump sum, or transfer it back to Alliance & Leicester (assuming they have another 0% transfer offer at the time).
          Last edited by pmeswani; 5 March 2009, 15:44. Reason: Correct a typo.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

0% credit cards are very handy.....unless you make an arse of it!

I've just secured a new 6 month 0% on purchases card with £3500 limit, going to use that towards my new car and let the £3500 offset my mortgage a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X