• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone

Guy at the office is showing off his iPhone. What's all the fuss about? I've a Sony Ericsson P910i. Had it for over 3 years. The only thing it hasn't got that the iPhone has, AIUI, is wireless connectivity. And, unlike the iPhone, it can handle the vCard standard.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

People who like iPhones tend to thing a silver Audi TT is the height of cool.

Comment

A friend of mine actually returned his iphone. Said it was "crap".

He's got a samsung omnia now, which "does the exact same thing, but without the drama"...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Guy at the office is showing off his iPhone. What's all the fuss about? I've a Sony Ericsson P910i. Had it for over 3 years. The only thing it hasn't got that the iPhone has, AIUI, is wireless connectivity. And, unlike the iPhone, it can handle the vCard standard.
        You send a vcard to the iphone, and it gives you an instant option within the email to add to contacts. however i am running it on exchange, so cant say for anything else, but i dont think it matters...

You cant send contacts via bluetooth or text tho... is that what you mean?
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
          People who like iPhones tend to thing a silver Audi TT is the height of cool.
          Black Audi R8

actually

Comment

I think the iPhone is perfect for some people, not for others. My son and my missus have both got them and love them. It's the first gadget my missus has ever used beyond its most basic function. She uses it all the time, for everything - as camera, mp3 player, pda, email, web, gps with google maps, games.

I've got a Nokia E71 myself, but I won't knock the iPhone because I've seen how much it suits some people and how happy it makes them. Which wouldn't be the case with an E71.

Comment

I bought a new mobile at the weekend. The salesman said ‘what do you want to do with it’. I answered ‘speak to people on the phone’. He said ‘do you need to have data transfer with a PC?’ I said ‘no, I just want to talk to people on the phone’. He said ‘do you want a built in TV screen?’ ‘No, I just want to talk to people on the phone’.

The guy got increasingly frustrated, perhaps on a commission to sell as much useless crap as possible, and then grabbed a little nokia box and said begrudgingly ‘well that’ll do you then’. I went somewhere else where the service was friendlier.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've got an iPhone and I love it.

For me the killer features are:
                - the app store and how easy it is to download applications. Evernote, Facebook, Last.FM
                - the mapping ability which is essentially a built in GPS
                - buying on iTunes using Shazam a music recognition service

I'm not saying the Sony doesn't have these, I've no idea, but these are my favourite features of the iPhone.

Comment

I'm waiting until Microsoft copy the iPhone OS and put it on a range of handsets with touchscreen, GPS and MS version of App Store etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I'm waiting until Microsoft copy the iPhone OS and put it on a range of handsets with touchscreen, GPS and MS version of App Store etc.

Why wait for MS when google are doing that already with the G1?

*dons asbestos suit*
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X