• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skiing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing

Who's going? Who's gone? What's the snow like this year? How much does a beer cost at 2000m?

I'm going to Austria in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!
    Cats are evil.

Hmm. Austria

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
      Hmm. Austria
      soon to be bankrupt.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Don't mention ze Jews

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Who's going? Who's gone? What's the snow like this year? How much does a beer cost at 2000m?

I'm going to Austria in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!
          Went to Meribel at new year - snow was good. Apparently it's been the best season for a couple of years.

Beer in austria at 2000m costs €5-8.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

So apart from Austria going bankrupt and the Jewish issue, has anyone got anything to say about skiing in the Alps this year? Or has everyone gone home?

Edit: Thanks MoscowMule!
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              So apart from Austria going bankrupt and the Jewish issue, has anyone got anything to say about skiing in the Alps this year? Or has everyone gone home?
              I'm WFH today, so I'm already here...

I will be stopping in an hour or so though, having started at 0730.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Having been skiing in North America, you can keep crummy Austria.

Comment

So about £8 for a beer?

Cheers Gordon!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    So about £8 for a beer?

Cheers Gordon!
                    Well, you might get a litre for that money but don't hold your breath.

Comment

Working...
                    X