• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French IT Consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French IT Consultant

Blimey, they get paid bugger all:

Richard, her husband, has benefited more. He was fed up with his job as an IT consultant on the French minimum wage of €8.71 (£7.73) an hour. “I told him that now we had a bit of money, it was time to learn to do something else.” He is training to become a plumber.
    From here
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Not surprised. They are lazy bu**ers.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I read that article on the train this morning.

It’s all pretty shocking, but this bit really disgusted me;
      ‘At a retail trade conference in Luxembourg, Sam suggested to executives that they should greet checkout staff every day. “It was as though they had never thought of it. Oh yes, that's a good idea, they said. They all made a note - ‘say hello in the morning' - to remind themselves.”

What kind of social leper has to write a note reminding himself to say good morning to people? Why do businesses give management positions to people who don’t have even a grain of basic civility in them? FFS, leadership starts by treating people with dignity, and if you can’t do that, you should get a job shovelling battulip in a cave.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Reading that story it seems to me some of that behaviour is typically French.
        After all its the the only country where I had the misfortune one day to observe a bloke having a Pot-noodle (in the CUK sense) behind his newspaper on the tube. It was 11 am.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Reading that story it seems to me some of that behaviour is typically French.
          After all its the the only country where I had the misfortune one day to observe a bloke having a Pot-noodle (in the CUK sense) behind his newspaper on the tube. It was 11 am.
          So if you see a newspaper lying about on the metro, don't pick it up to read it.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            So if you see a newspaper lying about on the metro, don't pick it up to read it.
            More French stuff:

On a uni hockey team coach trip in France more than 20 years ago, we were passed by a car being driven somewhat erratically. On looking down (it had a sun roof) we observed the driver was being given head by his missus.
            Obviously we raised a huge cheer.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Why do businesses give management positions to people who don’t have even a grain of basic civility in them?
              Because businesses are run by the same people who don't have a grain of civility so they recruit more people like themselves!
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Its not that uncommon here, I've met quite a few very knowledgeable techies who bumble along on £10ph because they lack the basic social skills needed to get on and get noticed.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X