• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computrain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computrain

I'm trying to steer a guy away from these muppets on another forum I use.

You've seen the tv ad's I'm sure.

£1200 for some IT course, MS qualifications, guarantee of a £25k job or money back etc.

He thinks it sounds good, I say it's crap, who can guarantee a job in this climate etc etc

Any comments from the gallery on what I else I can do to make sure he doesn't go for this.

Is that the mob who open their ad with the statement 'the average job in IT earns £37k'?

Then imply a six week training course is all you need to jump on the gravy train
    Me, me, me...

Comment

That ad makes me laugh; it suggests an average salary of £37k'ish and the guy comes walking out of his house that is probably worth £350k to £400k (or more depending on where it is) and jumps into a car costing more than a years salary.

Now a person earning £37.5k could certainly own a house like this and a car like this but the way the ad is done suggests that he acquired all this because he completed one of their training courses.

Pants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Is that the mob who open their ad with the statement 'the average job in IT earns £37k'?

Then imply a six week training course is all you need to jump on the gravy train
        I've always wondered how they get away with that ad. Surely the ASA should have slapped them down by now??
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd swear some of the people I've had the misfortune of working alongside in the past have little more than a six week training course under their belt.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
            I'd swear some of the people I've had the misfortune of working alongside in the past have little more than a six week training course under their belt.
            I know for a fact of 2 who were utterly hopeless at a permie job years ago. It was a penny pinching small software house with lots of very good people and these 2 stuck out like a sore thumb.

They eventually got laid off.

Comment

Working...
            X