• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had a table booked at the Fat Duck tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a table booked at the Fat Duck tonight

....but it was closed when I got there. Has Heston gone bust?

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    ....but it was closed when I got there. Has Heston gone bust?
    Consider yourself lucky

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domest...5255J220090306

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

Comment

This was headline news, first I'd heard of it. Bit fishy, based on Heston's comments. It must be like a punch in the gut for a perfectionist like him...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is he the guy that makes snail porridge?

Not that I'm suggesting there could be any connection between snail porridge and feeling a bit queasy... it's just that... excuse me a minute...

Comment

how far in advance did you book that?

hope it wasn't a first date you were trying to impress!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              how far in advance did you book that?
              Bit off if they didn't contact you to say it was closed.

Hopefully you didn't spend 2 hours doing redial on your phone just to book it initially.

you can only book 2 months in advance in general with these guys.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Watched this story on the news - reeks of sabotage.

£100 says this is a crime scene.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Bit off if they didn't contact you to say it was closed.
                  And the web site is tulipe too.

"We are currently in the process of updating the design, technology and style of this site to offer you a more informative and inspiring visit." - at least it doesn't have one of those naff "work in progress" JCB GIFs.

"RESERVATIONS - To make a reservation please call our reservation line +44 (0) 1628 580 333 between 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday (including bank holidays)."

Not at the moment they don't. It's shut.

"Please note that all the information and facts you are about to read are current" and "In July 2006 Heston Blumenthal will be awarded an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science" - if his cooking is as good as his web site, I'm not surprised at the news.

The menu link opens in a new window which you cannot resize. Or print.

I'd give you a link to his web site, but item 3.1.6 of the tediously long TERMS AND CONDITIONS do not permit it. So I won't.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

"Environmental health officers have yet to find a cause for the diners' symptoms."

"Blumenthal is a proponent of low temperature, ultra–slow cooking, whereby a joint of meat is cooked for up to 24 hours so as to contain the fat content while preventing collagen molecules from re-forming within the meat. In his In Search of Perfection series, he cooks a Bresse chicken at 60 degrees Celsius."

Hmm. Anyone know any rocket scientists or brain surgeons?
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X