• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

poor jocks - didn'qualify - again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor jocks - didn'qualify - again

didn'qualify

Kutuzov -

Scotland [0 - 1] Belarus

let's all have a disco.

That's a pity. The most entertaining thing about world cup tournaments used to be the Jocks turning high hopes into utter disaster.

I remember when they lost to Costa Rica in 1990, and Morocco in 1998. But my dad says that Ally McCleod's team was the funniest of all, not least because they thought they were going to win it!

Comment

Scotland may not be very good, but at least they play with a bit of passion.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        Scotland may not be very good, but at least they play with a bit of passion.
        So too do N.Ireland.

Comment

Try being English in a pub in Scotland when England play - they would support Nazi Germany against us if they could.

Personally I dont see why - I support them when they are playing...

But immediatley after the game is over its back to 'mcquiggd, fancy a pint?'.

Funny old world.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

You want to be in a pub in Scotland (Aberdeen) when England are being turfed out of the European Championships (The one where old jug ears off Match of the day and the crisps adverts played his last game) and have my surname!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
              That's a pity. The most entertaining thing about world cup tournaments used to be the Jocks turning high hopes into utter disaster.

I remember when they lost to Costa Rica in 1990, and Morocco in 1998. But my dad says that Ally McCleod's team was the funniest of all, not least because they thought they were going to win it!
              Does anybody recall the World Cup in Germany when Scotland went out without losing a match, in fact they were the only unbeaten team in the tournament as the eventual winners Germany were defeated in the opening match ... or the time when we out in our last game to Brazil in a scoreless draw and Strachan missed a sitter in the last minute ...or the time when we were 2 0 upgainst Russia in our last game, all set to qualify then we conceded the most stupid two goals in the history of world soccer ...or the time we played ... ad nauseam ....

PS Anybody else noticed that England always play Poland in the qualifiers ??
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 October 2005, 10:03.

Comment

Well German TV will miss Scotland, normally during the tournament Scotland gets a 10 minute spot where they show Scottish footballers mis-kicking the ball, tripping over their shoe laces, running into each other etc. to the background music of a Charlie Chaplin film.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                  Well German TV will miss Scotland, normally during the tournament Scotland gets a 10 minute spot where they show Scottish footballers mis-kicking the ball, tripping over their shoe laces, running into each other etc. to the background music of a Charlie Chaplin film.
                  Mind you BB, given the Germans recent roasting by Turkey ... no pun intended , I think the joke might be on them this time...

My tip for the World Cup is Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Does anybody recall the World Cup in Germany when Scotland went out without losing a match, in fact they were the only unbeaten team in the tournament as the eventual winners Germany were defeated in the opening match ... or the time when we outin our last game to Brazil in a scoreless draw and Strachan missed a sitter in the last minute ...or the time when we were 2 0 upgainst Russia in our last game, all set to qualify then we let in the most supid two goals in the history of world soccer ..or the time ... ad nauseam ....
                    Yes, I remember 1974 in Germany when the Jocks had a bloody good team, finished undefeated in a three-way tie at the top of their group, but went out because Brazil and Yugoslavia gave Zaire a hiding while the Jocks only beat them 2-0.

And Ally MacCleod's team losing to Peru and drawing with Iran in 1978, then Archie Gemmil's wonderful goal against Holland - cancelled out a couple of minutes later when some Dutch bloke scored from about 35 yards.

And 1982, taking the lead against a great Brazil team when David Nary lashed one in from 20 yards, only for Brazil to wake up and score four. That year England were unbeaten after five matches, but went out on goal difference in a second group phase.

Memories of mamaries.

Comment

Working...
                    X