• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If anybody asks you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anybody asks you...

.. why the credit crunch happened, point them here.

http://Crisisofcredit.com/

It's so simple, even my wife understands it now.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

http://Crisisofcredit.com/

It's so simple, even my wife understands it now.
    Excellent thanks.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

i dont know whether to laugh or cry

Comment

http://Crisisofcredit.com/ ...
        Oh smeg. We're doomed.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good that, thanks.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I told anyone who would listen this bubble would burst dramatically, when house prices started going balistic (early 00s), and people would laugh, and go obout supply and demand etc. It was obvious the rises were caused by little more than the supply of cheap money and the likes of self cert 125% motgages! People were blinded by their own greed, the whole market acted stupidly, with little concern for value or common see. All bubbles end in disaster, this one even managing to bring down the financial system, was nobody looking at the potential downside?

Comment

It a very good video : though I have an even better powerpoint slide.

Comment

so its greenspan's fault - he would only give investor's a 1% return? and investors could not buy equities because? or they could not invest in solar power, wind power, fuel efficiency schemes etc etc etc?

what kind of investors are these people who can only see treasury bills ($$$$)???
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  so its greenspan's fault - he would only give investor's a 1% return? and investors could not buy equities because? or they could not invest in solar power, wind power, fuel efficiency schemes etc etc etc?

what kind of investors are these people who can only see treasury bills ($$$$)???
                  It's all about the risk - investors don't like risky new-fangled solar power.

They like high-risk packaged as low risk even less, but that's a different point.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's all about the risk - investors don't like risky new-fangled solar power.
                    solar power is new-fangled?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X