• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance

Hoping some out there knows a bit about SC clearance. A few years ago I worked for IBM and did work on a few government department sites and had to obtain SC clearance, which I presume I got, cos I was never asked to leave, and have no reasons at all why I would not have gotten it. I was never actually told I did get it, so I presume this is normal?

I am now looking for new roles, and some contracts state SC clearance required, but I have no proof that I have this? Is this how it works? Does SC clearance expire?

Any help appreciated

If you did have it, it has expired. Lasts 5 years (usually for contractors) and automatically expires 12 months after leaving the SC site.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshPedro View Post
      Hoping some out there knows a bit about SC clearance. A few years ago I worked for IBM and did work on a few government department sites and had to obtain SC clearance, which I presume I got, cos I was never asked to leave, and have no reasons at all why I would not have gotten it. I was never actually told I did get it, so I presume this is normal?
      It's normal if you don't have the clearance and the company is putting you in under some temporary clearance allowance, or simply not bothering to clear you. Proper clearance involves the filling out of big forms, by you.
      Bored.

Comment

Working...
      X