• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uber doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber doomed

I came to the conclusion this weekend that we are uber doomed. It's just that people haven't yet understood what desperate straits we're in.
    If you go down the pub and coffee shop people are behaving much the same (even if they are spending less). This is not because they they know anything but because "hope springs eternal in the human breast". It's like fiddling while Rome burns.
    All the money being pumped in, in various ways around the world is a last ditch attempt to avert catastrophe and it's not going to work.

If you think gold is expensive now, watch it take off this and next year. Even if it falls it will be as nothing compared to the fall in value of the fiat currencies.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If you think gold is expensive now, watch it take off this and next year. Even if it falls it will be as nothing compared to the fall in value of the fiat currencies.
    Thats what I call a prediction.... It will either rise... or... fall...

Thanks SAS!

Comment

Even if it falls it will be as nothing compared to the fall in value of the fiat currencies.
      Sas, lay off the crack pipe mate. If gold falls at the same time as the fiat currency it is priced in also falls, then by definition gold has fallen more than said fiat currency.

You are predicting inflation when we are going to experience the exact oposite, value of hard cash (fiat or gold) is increasing as prices of everything else falls.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Oh Ok then - it will rise .
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Less concerned about Gold and more interested in picking the overshoot out of the bottom of the bear market in the FTSE!

Talk of 3000 by the end of 2009, and below that will be an overshoot, start finding ways of gathering reliable PE info and watch for company end of year accounts.

Next boom is ripe for the picking imo, esp now we are printing money AND debasing the currency...

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            Next boom is ripe for the picking imo, esp now we are printing money AND debasing the currency...
            Yes, sounds boom like conditions to me.....

Dont agree we are successfully debasing the currency, I think all countries are in a rush to the bottom on that one.

Comment

Oh Ok then - it will rise .
              Thanks - I will go with that then........ Boomed!!!

Comment

Expectations, as soon as they turn so will the economy. This is a great time to be a cash rich contractor.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Expectations, as soon as they turn so will the economy. This is a great time to be a cash rich contractor.
                  Is this a great time? Surely at better time will be 18 months from now?

I reckon SG is partially right : at the moment people are treating it like a minor recession but in fact it will be a severe recession. I dont think we will hit depression though. i.e. I predict GDP will fall less than 10% peak to trough.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I predict GDP will fall less than 10% peak to trough.
                    I bet you three tickets from my 2011 ration book it will be more.

Comment

Working...
                    X