• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real IRA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real IRA

Will we see a return to 'the troubles'?
    Cats are evil.

Having lived just outside of Belfast for the last 4 years I don't think we will. People from both sides of the community have to much to lose if the troubles were to return.

Real IRA don't have the grass roots support anymore, and are targetting soft targets, as they don't have the resources or man power to tackle anything bigger.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Will we see a return to 'the troubles'?
      Yes. With the economy destroyed in Ireland, there will be a return to fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
        Having lived just outside of Belfast for the last 4 years I don't think we will. People from both sides of the community have to much to lose if the troubles were to return.

Real IRA don't have the grass roots support anymore, and are targetting soft targets, as they don't have the resources or man power to tackle anything bigger.
        Do you have any idea what is their motive for these murders?
        I do not see a political reason myself.
        And all my condolences to the families.
        Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Just for the craic (trade).
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post

Also, I imagine the authorities, including Sinn Fein, will give ex-provos carte blanche on the quiet to deal with the dissidents in their own direct style.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              I do not see a political reason myself.
              And all my condolences to the families.
              Yes, they can no longer run their protection rackets, counterfeit operations and drug deals under the banner of freedom fighters, must be the credit crunch.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I imagine the authorities, including Sinn Fein, will give ex-provos carte blanche on the quiet to deal with the dissidents in their own direct style.
                This still happens to a certain degree in some of the more 'Extreme' communities. An enhanced Neighbourhood Watch!

Their main motive is to get soldiers and police back on the streets. This would divide communities that are just starting to speak to each other, and destroy the very fragile trusts that have been built up.
                SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Can't see it, they lack the political support they need at home, and financial support they'd need in the long term from abroad (The US) to return to the bad old days.

I suspect it's a handful of bitter old provos who can't accept that times have changed, and want to derail the whole thing. 10 years too late imo.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Yes, they can no longer run their protection rackets, counterfeit operations and drug deals under the banner of freedom fighters, must be the credit crunch.
                    Spot on

Comment

Working...
                    X