• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair

So there I am last Friday flying in to Stansted with Ryanair, and we land on time. As soon as the wheels touch the ground I hear on the loudspeaker a trumpet fanfare followed by something like: “Ladies and Gents, Ryanair has done it again, delivering you to your destination on time or before time, maintaining our No.1 record as Europe’s most prompt carrier. Thank you for flying Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline”.

Eh?????????????

The first bit was all Ryanair self-serving propaganda, the second bit completely presumptious and big-headed. I think Ryanair have forgotten themselves here, although I can just imagine all of this pompous advertising being dreamt up by Mr O’Leary himself. The crass way in which the announcement came through was all O’Leary.

Perhaps next time they’ll have the courage to balance things up, e.g:

“Congrats Ladies and Gents, you’ll be the first of Ryanair’s valued customers to pay for using our toilets”. Or:

“Ladies and Gents, today you lucky folk have a pilot that is capable of landing in fog”.

At least it’d be honest. Gawd I hate ‘em so much I need a sit-down in the cool room.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

I think you mis-heard:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/francis...ourite_airline

They really are a bunch of useless, money grabbing twunts.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why not post here:

It seems we are not alone in our disdain for that Cheeky-Irish-Chappy.

I used to fly EasyJet quite a bit 'cause they were reasonably cheap. For a short trip betwen Germany and Blighty, the lack of free coffee and a bun seemed like a small price to pay for a significantly cheaper ticket. But the moment a little dusting of snow falls "back home" EasyJet close up shop and leave - even when other budget airlines, (e.g. German Wings and Air Berlin) are still flying.

Plus the hidden costs are starting to put me off too - "Stelios, if I wanted travel insurance, I would already have it!!"

Plus, priority boarding! What's that about. At Munich Airport EasyJet are too pikey to pay for a stand which means that you travel from the terminal to the aircraft in a bus. The only benefit of "priority boarding" (€7.50 or so) is to be first on the bus (and hence last on the kite).

Recently we have noticed that Lufthansa and BA are becoming much more affordable too, and I have to say, I did enjoy my last trip to London Terminal 5, much better than that run-down stinky old Terminal 1!

Recently, we travelled (OH and child) to Birmingham with Lufthansa for only €88 per head! (plus all the coffee we could drink, buns we could eat and freebie papers).

Oh, and the bogs are free.

Comment

Budget airlines should be the last resort of any contractor.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Budget airlines should be the last resort of any contractor.
          True, however at that time EJ were the only airline flying from, and to, where we are/wanted to be.

Now, I'd rather LH or BA and pony up the extra cash for the hire car!

Plus...

I've actually had some super upgrades from Heathrow-based car hire companies for only a modest amount of cash (e.g. VW Golf to Merc S-Class for just 2 quid a day!)

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
            True, however at that time EJ were the only airline flying from, and to, where we are/wanted to be.

Now, I'd rather LH or BA and pony up the extra cash for the hire car!

Plus...

I've actually had some super upgrades from Heathrow-based car hire companies for only a modest amount of cash (e.g. VW Golf to Merc S-Class for just 2 quid a day!)
            Trick I heard was to ask for a small automatic car. They never have them so they'll have to upgrade you with something decent.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
              ...At Munich Airport EasyJet are too pikey to pay for a stand which means that you travel from the terminal to the aircraft in a bus.
              Oh yeah, well at Frankfurt, Lufthansa are too pikey to pay for a stand for the Heathrow flights. It's not just EJ.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Oh yeah, well at Frankfurt, Lufthansa are too pikey to pay for a stand for the Heathrow flights. It's not just EJ.
                That wasn't entirely my point. It was the bit about "Priority Boarding" that I find laughable:

Plus, priority boarding! What's that about. At Munich Airport EasyJet are too pikey to pay for a stand which means that you travel from the terminal to the aircraft in a bus. The only benefit of "priority boarding" (€7.50 or so) is to be first on the bus (and hence last on the kite).

Comment

Working...
                X