• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property - Price range?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property - Price range?

A few of the properties I am looking at have a price range (e.g £750K to £1M).

WTF does this mean? At the end of the day, the price I'm willing to pay may not even be at the bottom end of the range.

What are estate agents/vendors up to with a price range?

Why not give them an offer range

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

WTF does this mean? At the end of the day, the price I'm willing to pay may not even be at the bottom end of the range.

They are playing silly blighters !

Let's have a look.

Comment

In Swindon??
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
          In Swindon??
          No, I'm relocating to Surrey, Hampshire or West Sussex depending on what I find where.

Comment

No, I'm relocating to Surrey, Hampshire or West Sussex depending on what I find where.
            You'll def find Southampton in Hampshire, Guildford in Surrey and Gatwick in West Sussex

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
              You'll def find Southampton in Hampshire, Guildford in Surrey and Gatwick in West Sussex

HTH
              Indeed, but what houses might tempt me, I'm yet to fully discover.

Comment

Nothing will temp you to move to South amp on. IMHO Surrey is too expensive, Sussex is too near sarf London. I quite like Buckinghamshire, lots of countryside, easy for London, but doesn't feel so overcrowded.

Comment

Is it possible they are expecting multiple offers? For all I know (not much) the way houses are sold might be a bit different when you get outside what normal property sells for, since there are not that many £1m houses around in comparison to £250k properties.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
                    Nothing will temp you to move to South amp on. IMHO Surrey is too expensive, I quite like Buckinghamshire, lots of countryside, easy for London, but doesn't feel so overcrowded.
                    I'm not looking that far down in Hampshire. Around Farnham Surrey/Hampshire border, most of Surrey and West Sussex close to M23 and M25.

Actually, prices seem to be tumbling in Surrey. Vendors will accept big discounts for cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X