• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The terrorists' plans for the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The terrorists' plans for the UK

I remember at the time the resident tree huggers and appeasers led by Alfred Puffrock suggested that this was a stunt by the government. I for one appreciate the work of security services in protecting us from those who seek to harm us.

Al-Qaeda's Heathrow jet plot revealed

and

Car bomb attacks foiled
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Not quite sure I follow the thinking behind tanks at Heathrow & a hijacked airliner crashing into a terminal... or is it just me?
    LOL! Yes, does seem a little odd.

Imagine the public surprise if they unloaded a load of Rapier Mk2 weapons systems outside Terminal 1. No-one would fly.

However, that will never happen because we seem to have run out:-

http://www.janes.com/press/pc0200207_1.shtml
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      LOL! Yes, does seem a little odd.

Imagine the public surprise if they unloaded a load of Rapier Mk2 weapons systems outside Terminal 1. No-one would fly.

However, that will never happen because we seem to have run out:-

http://www.janes.com/press/pc0200207_1.shtml
      As with the gulf war it would probably take a couple of weeks of begging and borrowing from other countries again

Comment

You know the funny thing is...these jihadi's are hated by the Iraqi's they are supposedly trying to free and also by the terrorists they are supposedly going to help

Mailman

Comment

"...AL-QAEDA terrorists planned to hijack a passenger jet from eastern Europe and fly it into a packed terminal at Heathrow airport ..."

"...helps to resolve the long-standing mystery of why Tony Blair ordered armoured vehicles and hundreds of troops to be sent to Heathrow in 2003."

Agreed Zeity. I wouldn't want to make too much of it but emmm ... what good would armoured vehicles and hundreds of troops do at a terminal about to be hit by a Kamikazi hijacked aircraft ?

Chico I share your admiration for much of our "frontline security services". What I have a big, big problem with, and you really should do aswell; is New Labour's politicisation of the security services, along with every other civil service department.
          Last edited by BobTheCrate; 10 October 2005, 11:43.

Comment

New Labour's politicisation of the security services
            And that is doing far more damage than the terrorists will ever achieve. I would suggest that the New Lies efforts are actually making it easier for the terrorists.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Nowt to add to threaded's point - succint and so true.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

But don't under estimate the damage New Labour's politicisation of the rest of the civil service has done and will continue to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                  [i]Chico I share your admiration for much of our "frontline security services". What I have a big, big problem with, and you really should do aswell; is New Labour's politicisation of the security services, along with every other civil service department.
                  Can you expand on this, what you mean by the politicisation of the security services, how this is manifested and how you know this?

I thought the security services were crown, not civil servants.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Don' give us that ratewhore. You know perfectly well that when anyone acusse the governemnet of anything on this board they must be guilty.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X