• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore training

Has anybody used this company based in India.

http://www.koenig-solutions.com/

Koenig is the pioneer in offshore IT training and certification. Offshore training costs 50% of the prices prevalent in USA and Europe (including cost of travel, hotel & meals).

Koenig is the Microsoft Partner of the Year Finalist for 2008.
    Being on the bench I am thinking of pursuing this avenue to get trained into smething different in the meantime.

Any positives/feedback from the forum on using this training provider? (Apart from some warm weather)

Never heard of them myself, but I had a quick searc on this forum and there's a couple of people who have, and seem to be fairly impressed with them.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
      Has anybody used this company based in India.

http://www.koenig-solutions.com/

Being on the bench I am thinking of pursuing this avenue to get trained into smething different in the meantime.

Any positives/feedback from the forum on using this training provider? (Apart from some warm weather)
      When I mentioned this site to a cousin of mine a few years back, I was warned off them. The impression I was given was that they teach you to memorise things, and not learn things, in order to pass the exams.

I want to do a bootcamp of some sort, but would probably look at Firebrand instead and pay more money for it.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I would say for most training, you should be sure of landing a role soon after you have completed the training, otherwise you will forget most of what you have learnt if you don't use it. i.e. waste of money.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

It won't turn you into a Slumdog Millionaire if that's what you're hoping.

HTH

Comment

To land a role asap after training would be of the utmost urgency. Currently I'm in the programming/embedded field and was thinking of training in Cisco, after doing some of my own basic research into Cisco.

I have a good IT understanding and so would hope that moving into Cisco would not pose too many problems, unless anyone thinks otherwise

Comment

To land a role asap after training would be of the utmost urgency. Currently I'm in the programming/embedded field and was thinking of training in Cisco, after doing some of my own basic research into Cisco.

I have a good IT understanding and so would hope that moving into Cisco would not pose too many problems, unless anyone thinks otherwise
              Doing a certification with the hope to land a contract role in a new field will be, frankly, pointless. I don't know many companies that would take on a contractor purely on the grounds of freshly obtained certification and little or no experience. If you want to into Cisco / Security, take a permie role at entry level and work your way up and then come back to contracting. During the time during permiedom, take the Cisco certification path and use that to your advantage in the permie world. If someone knows differently (in todays market), then I stand corrected.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I would avoid the Cisco stuff at the moment if you don't have expereince. I've got 7+ years and whilst i have a gig at the moment there isn't much out there. Rates for CCIE have dropped from 700 per day to around 400 and that is the top tier qualification (£1.5k to sit the exam alone).

The only real growth in networking is VOIP, and you would need to sit 7 exams (CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCVP - 5 exams) to get a decent rate, plus many won't touch you without experience. You would probably find it quite easy to get an entry level perminant role with the CCNA though (20-25k pa).

Comment

I think part of the problem with Cisco qualifications is that practically every further eduction college in the country offers the CCNA course. This has lead to a kind of MCSE-ification of the qualification i.e. tons of people about with the cert and little or no experience.

Sadly if you just did the CCNA a 20-25K permie job sounds about right at the moment

Comment

guess, i'll have to wait for slumdog millionaire, at least for the moment. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X