• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tomtoms and bluetooth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomtoms and bluetooth

Am considering buying a Tomtom 540 Live, but I have a techie question for anyone who has one and uses bluetooth.

Assuming I have bluetooth in my car, can I set pair the tomtom with the car and have it send its audio out to the car, thereby getting satnav instructions through the car speakers?

Or is it just an "in" thing - i.e I can only pair up a mobile phone to send its audio into the TomTom?

Hope that makes sense.

"Keep them at 24,000"
    "No, feet"

Originally posted by TCL View Post
    Am considering buying a Tomtom 540 Live, but I have a techie question for anyone who has one and uses bluetooth.

Assuming I have bluetooth in my car, can I set pair the tomtom with the car and have it send its audio out to the car, thereby getting satnav instructions through the car speakers?

Or is it just an "in" thing - i.e I can only pair up a mobile phone to send its audio into the TomTom?

Hope that makes sense.
    I think what you want to do is certainly possible. Only caveat I have is that I know it is possible on the 720, am not sure about the 540.

Comment

Working...
    X