• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That was the first time I ever heard about..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the first time I ever heard about..

I was pondering the credit crunch this morning and was wondering when the first time I ever heard about it was, and when it actually sunk in.

Ditto the Taliban. Except I know the answer to that one.(march 2001) Was reading an article in a magazine about two giant statues of Bhudda being dynamited by the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan. ( a project to rebuild one of them is underway, to be completed this year.)
    I remember thinking 'these fckers are trouble and they need stopping NOW)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    .(march 2001) ...

Thought the same about the Bush administration, at around the same time.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Thought the same about the Bush administration, at around the same time.
      While Bush and the people around him were complete winkers, so were their opposition the Taliban. Perhaps Bush was the right person for the time.
      After all regime change and invasion in the Middle East was a complete shock to the other Midlle eastern countries, who had assumed that America had not got the stomach for war. Sometimes unpredictability a nd giving someone a bloody nose is a good thing.

While I didn't like Bush, I know which side I'm on. Compared to Bush, the Taliban, Saddam and their ilk are off the scale in winkerishness.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I like Rambo III where he fights with the Taliban (freedom fighters as they are depicted in the film) against the Ruskies

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
          I like Rambo III where he fights with the Taliban (freedom fighters as they are depicted in the film) against the Ruskies
          No, he fights against the Taliban & Ruskies alongside the Mujahideen, most of whom are now in the Afgan Army.

You'd know that if you paid attention to the latest Ross Kemp series on Sky one
          Still Invoicing

Comment

No, he's from Oceania and supporting Eastasia against Eurasia.

More Victory Gin, anyone?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I was pondering the credit crunch this morning and was wondering when the first time I ever heard about it was, and when it actually sunk in.

Ditto the Taliban. Except I know the answer to that one.(march 2001) Was reading an article in a magazine about two giant statues of Bhudda being dynamited by the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan. ( a project to rebuild one of them is underway, to be completed this year.)

I first remember the credit crunch with Bear Stearns going under : March 15th 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I first remember the credit crunch with Bear Stearns going under : March 15th 2008?
                well that was six months before it registered with me

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought the same about Thatcher and her evil gang in 1979, and damn me was I right!

Comment

Working...
                  X