• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a good media streamer to play on HDTV video streamed in via internet in real tim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good media streamer to play on HDTV video streamed in via internet in real tim

I need a good media streamer to play on HDTV video streamed in via internet in real time.

It may be a bit far fetched and I am not sure if it is entirely possible (please tell me if it is) but I want to be able to say click on something on my PC internet broweser and stream it and if I want to redirect that video/audio to my HD-TV then I would have the option of doing that.

I would prefer something that does the mentioned above rather than have to download the enitre movie / video file and then to have to convert it to a file format and THEN stream it to the HD TV.

Does anything out there do this ? I guess it would have to capture video/audio streamed into my PC in real time and then stream it out again and that is a tall order.

I've heard of "Popcorn Time" but I dont know if it will do what I want.

Any suggestions ?

PS: I can do Ethernet or Wifi to any room now with Ethernet over Power ..(thanks Tyler Merk)

Sounds a bit technical to me.

Comment

HDTV streamed from the Internet? Not sure that'd be possible, you'd certainly need a FAT Internet connection.

I stream all my HD content locally (from a NAS server). I would have thought that there would be bandwidth issues with a normal Internet connection.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

How about one of these?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm considering not going for a normal internet bandwidth option i.e. 50Mb/s !!

This is why I'm looking for this technolgy I stream from internet and then re-route stream direct to HD TV ! (in an easy fashion).

Comment

Did you know Sam Fox is a lesbian?

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              HDTV streamed from the Internet? Not sure that'd be possible, you'd certainly need a FAT Internet connection.

I stream all my HD content locally (from a NAS server). I would have thought that there would be bandwidth issues with a normal Internet connection.
              Maybe he's not in the UK.

Most TV channels in Denmark are available in HD over ones internet connection.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

I've heard of "Popcorn Time" but I dont know if it will do what I want.
                You mean Popcornhour, this is about as good as it gets for the moment.

I've not heard of anything that can do this 'on the fly' other than a Virgin media box or BT vision but then you are restricted to what they can provide.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X