• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Celebs who visit Africa to tell us how bad it is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebs who visit Africa to tell us how bad it is

They travel first class, stay in the Hilton 200 miles from the villiage and go around crying at some little kid with AIDS, never seem to offer them any food though. Then they whimper on about our lives of luxury in the west and how it makes them sad and has changed their outlook. But then they have to get back to London for a dinner party in Notting Hill, best not forget to pick up some Charlie and Champers on the way home.

Or

Do you never tire of the self serving charadee trips?

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    They travel first class, stay in the Hilton 200 miles from the villiage and go around crying at some little kid with AIDS, never seem to offer them any food though. Then they whimper on about our lives of luxury in the west and how it makes them sad and has changed their outlook. But then they have to get back to London for a dinner party in Notting Hill, best not forget to pick up some Charlie and Champers on the way home.

Or

Do you never tire of the self serving charadee trips?
    I used to be irritated by them, but since Gordon’s Big Banking Bugger Up I’ve become convinced that every child in Africa could be fed and schooled until age 18 and provided with a new X-Box for christmas every year for half the price of bailing out the average western European bank.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's easy to tell everyone else "we must do more" when you've got several million in the bank. F*** 'em.

Comment

Circa 20 years ago I used to take it seriously. Now it's such a well trodden road even the likes of Jordan will be at it soon.

Comment

I think it's probably the only way the celebrity obsessed pubic would ever give a ****, so good luck to them - you can always turn over to ITV when those bits are on Comic Relief this weekend
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If you want to stop famine in Africa, send them condoms. The population of Ethiopia has doubled in the last 20 odd years since Geldof said "give us your Fing money"
            Last edited by Foxy Moron; 11 March 2009, 13:28.

Comment

If you want to stop famine in Africa, send them condoms.
              They'll only use them to carry water...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They never mention the popualtion explosion do they?
                "They don't have enough food to feed their families"
                Yeah because there are twice as many people to feed now you stupid twat!

End of Rant

Comment

Circa 20 years ago I used to take it seriously. Now it's such a well trodden road even the likes of Jordan will be at it soon.
                  She probably already is. For me, the most nauseating thing is the obligatory on-camera flow of the Niagara Falls whilst talking about <insert favourite cause celebre here>. Chris Evans on that charity cricket tour of India IMO was the worst example of this.

Comment

They never mention the popualtion explosion do they?
                    "They don't have enough food to feed their families"
                    Yeah because there are twice as many people to feed now you stupid twat!

End of Rant
                    The reason that there is a lack of contraceptives is the Catholic church. They may do a lot of good, however they also tell people they will burn in hell for using a condom. They even go as far as condemning married couples using a condom when one of the couple has AIDS.

They have also spread misinformation that condoms don't stop AIDS.

I believe the Catholic church is guilty of a huge crime against the people they should be trying to help.
                    Originally posted by cailin maith
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                    X