• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know what you want ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what you want ?

Do you know what you want and have you reached your dreams ?

Girls are excused if they don't know what they want , we love you anyway.

In my experience dreams are cheeky little bastards. As soon as you reach them they change shape..

As for me - I am living the Dream - the unreachable stars will soon be within my grasp - sooner than any of you could possibly imagine .

To dream the impossible dream
    To fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow
    To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
    To love pure and chaste from afar
    To try when your arms are too weary
    To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
    To follow that star
    No matter how hopeless
    No matter how far

To fight for the right
    Without question or pause
    To be willing to march into Hell
    For a heavenly cause

And the world will be better for this
    That one man, scorned and covered with scars
    Still strove with his last ounce of courage
    To reach the unreachable star

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
      Do you know what you want and have you reached your dreams ?

Girls are excused if they don't know what they want , we love you anyway.

In my experience dreams are cheeky little bastards. As soon as you reach them they change shape..
      I was only thinking about this earlier - I pretty much never have got what I wanted - but I'm not sure it's a bad thing on the whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        I was only thinking about this earlier - I pretty much never have got what I wanted - but I'm not sure it's a bad thing on the whole.
        I am realizing this now. As soon as you get what you always wanted - you start to want something different. That is why is wise to enjoy the journey. Was about time I realized that.

Comment

I’d like to see a worldwide increase of 1% in the application of common sense to every day life and business. I’m sure that this would lead to a huge improvement in the quality of life of everyone on earth.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

You got your dream of a Labour government, and for three terms. Now it is my turn to dream.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke

I am realizing this now. As soon as you get what you always wanted - you start to want something different. That is why is wise to enjoy the journey. Was about time I realized that.
              Yep if you ive your life trying to achieve one goal after anothe rlife just becomes a pointless grind to the death

Especially as the majority of goals people look to achieve are in essence selfish in that they normally involve benefits to self only.

Enjoy the journey and the experiences you have reaching your goals.

My goals are to live long and prosper - I hope to have fun acheiveing that - and if I don't well hell I can say i died trying!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I can say i died trying!
                Are you sure?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
                  Aha - you are talking about Desire - which by its nature mon ami is unquenchable and can only lead to more desire and thus frustration.

But - ask yourself - is there something - beyond desire - beyond one's petty litttle ego - which can reach the unreachable Star ?

Find Out !

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Yep if you ive your life trying to achieve one goal after anothe rlife just becomes a pointless grind to the death
                    I was 35 before I realised that, everything I wanted to do was always just over an ever rolling horizon then one day I woke up and started enjoying the here and now.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X