• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large digital photo frame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large digital photo frame

> 15" to hang on the wall - anyone got one (and thereby have a recommendation?)

As an aside these seem well expensive compared with a flat screen tv of similar resolution - couldn't I mackle something up to display the pics on a tv (or am I missing something? (I usually am).

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    > 15" to hang on the wall - anyone got one (and thereby have a recommendation?)

As an aside these seem well expensive compared with a flat screen tv of similar resolution - couldn't I mackle something up to display the pics on a tv (or am I missing something? (I usually am).
    I think it's a combination of resolution, making them viewable on low/no power from many angles, and that they are not making as many.

I'd love to get a good one of these, my wife would adore it, but they do seem very expensive... I'm not paying £hundreds for one. And I'd want one that didn't look plasticky... it has to look like a photo frame.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think it's a combination of resolution, making them viewable on low/no power from many angles, and that they are not making as many.

I'd love to get a good one of these, my wife would adore it, but they do seem very expensive... I'm not paying £hundreds for one. And I'd want one that didn't look plasticky... it has to look like a photo frame.
      I saw one at an acquaintance's place recently - not in a position to ask too many cheeky questions, but it looked as if they had put the gubbins in a "real" frame.

Comment

I was going to buy one for my parents for xmas, fill it full of photos of the kids and stuff. Too expensive though, and they'll probably never switch the thing on, as they're from the time of 'we must unplug everything before going to bed' era.

No recommendations - sorry.

Comment

I bought one for the missus for valentines day and loaded it with a load of the kids baby pics - worked out well as we've got millions of pics that do nothing bar sit on the PC's hard drive, now we get to actually look at them.

I got an el-cheapo 8" (Logik or something) from Currys and its pretty good but the Sony ones they had on display looked really slick, great quality - but started at £150. Cant guess how much a 15" one would be!

You pay extra for stuff like wireless but i thought its easy enough to just occasionally update a USB stick/SD card instead (and i dont want more wireless in the house).

Comment

http://www.udiggit.com/acatalog/15__...___Remote.html
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
            X