• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone call.. Hello sir we're conducting a survey.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone call.. Hello sir we're conducting a survey.

What the heck is it with these people? I've had 2 calls in the last couple of days..

"Sir, we're conducting a survey about the credit crunch"

"Oh, what's that"

"Well basically we're surveying how people are effected by the economic changes I'm sure you're aware of"

"Oh, I'm not affected one bit"

"Sir do you have a mortgage?"

"What's a mortgage?"

He got angry with me in the end and hung up..

It's the only way they'll learn. Honestly this country, no where else would you get this crap. Period.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I always say.

"How much are you paying for my time".

They say "Nothing".

I say "Is it a survey for charity?"

They say "No".

I say, "Goodbye".

Comment

GOOD I thought I was the only one!

Similar kind of call - I just said I dont have a Mortgage as I have an issue where I cant spend it fast enough as Ive got too much

Smug twat got confused - then asked if I had anyone who was suffering in the Crunch - to which I told him I only know rich people.

It was clear they were a debt management company or trying to sell me some kind of a payment restructure service.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        ... It's the only way they'll learn. Honestly this country, no where else would you get this crap. Period.
        Got a call last night at about 8:30pm. It didn't start well, as when I answered the phone the caller wasn't paying attention. Then he said "Guten Abend, Herr There, ich representiert Talk Talk..." Then I hung up. It's not just in the UK.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Got a call last night at about 8:30pm. It didn't start well, as when I answered the phone the caller wasn't paying attention. Then he said "Guten Abend, Herr There, ich representiert Talk Talk..." Then I hung up. It's not just in the UK.
          Got the call last night at about 8.30pm. Before I knew it I was in 'Allo 'allo.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

banging on the front door on Monday night
            it's a girlie mid 20's

'I'm from the red cross, i am not asking for money'
            'blah blah blah blah'
            'drone drone drone'
            'burble burble'
            'annual contribution'
            me - 'hang on a minute, you DO want money'
            me - 'Sorry, Im off to the pub, are you coming ?'

she did hesitate

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

before she found the appropriate expletive

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
                before she found the appropriate expletive
                trust me, young un
                you can tell by the look in their eyes

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  trust me, young un
                  you can tell by the look in their eyes when the rohypnol is kicking in

corrected above.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    corrected above.

Comment

Working...
                    X