• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is NATO planning on surrendering anytime soon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is NATO planning on surrendering anytime soon...

It looks like France are being urged to rejoin NATO?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    are politely asking to be allowed

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has announced his country is to return to Nato's military command, reversing four decades of self-imposed exile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7937666.stm

Comment

Didn't know they'd gone

Didn't miss them....
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Maybe they're hoping the Yanks will give them a bailout in return, or it's some deal along those lines.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I didn't know they had gone either.

I just assumed that all EU members were automatically part of NATO.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I've heard part of the agreement is that all NATO signed up countries have got to speak French in 5 years as their main language.

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
              I've heard part of the agreement is that all NATO signed up countries have got to speak French in 5 years as their main language.
              And eat escargot et ail at least once per week.
              Bored.

Comment

Or maybe they know something that we dont about the upcomming plans to drag the western economies out of depression.
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  And eat escargot et ail at least once per week.
                  Stripey t-shirts and berets?
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

A sad day for La France.

Their absence from NATO provided a counter-balance from the European perspective.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 March 2009, 09:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X