• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the Week!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the Week!!!

I actually got a call about this yesterday and it sounded right up my street and very local - 'til I heard the rate.
    I was very nice to the agency person and told her the going rate for this kind of role. Her response was that "but the project manager is only on £120 a day!"
    I wished her luck and told her to call back when they had a decent budget

SQL Data Development Officer Contract

SQL DATA DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, £15-£16 p/h, MANCHESTER. *LOCAL AUTHORITY EXPERIENCE NEEDED*

SQL Sever Developer, ETL Procedures, Data marts, Data Warehouses, Business Objects Data Services, Data Integrator, Data Quality, Local Authority, National Government, Local Government Performance Indicators, Census Analysis, SQL, Data Development.

Due to an increase in their workload, our client is looking for a SQL Data Development Officer.

The SQL Data Development Officer will be an experienced SQL Server Developer with knowledge in:

ETL procedures.
    Creating Data marts.
    Creating Data Warehouses.
    Any SQL Data Development Officers with exposure to Business Objects Data Services (Data Integrator/Data Quality) will be at a strong advantage.

The successful SQL Data Development Officer will:
    Have a principle role in the design and delivery of a series of ETL procedures, Datawarehouse and the reporting marts.
    Design data solutions in a fast paced environment and must be able to handle high levels of pressure.
    The SQL Data Development Officer will support the preparation of data for preliminary Census analysis and build a data mart to support a reporting project.

The SQL Data Development Officer MUST have Local Authority/Council/National Government experience. The SQL Data Development Officer must also have knowledge of Local Government Performance Indicators.

If you feel you are the suitable SQL Data Development Officer for the role, either hit the apply button or send your CV to me directly at (see below).

Location Manchester, Lancashire
    Country England
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 3 months
    Rate £15-£16/Hour
    Employment Business ConnectLogic
    Contact Nicola Jennings
    Telephone 0161 662 5009
    Fax 0161 662 5001
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSNLJ/81
    Posted Date 11/03/2009 14:42:34

Last edited by Pogle; 12 March 2009, 08:19. Reason: 'cos I'm cack 'anded
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

It's good to see local authorities trying to manage their budgets properly rather than pissing it up the wall on expensive contractors.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      I actually got a call about this yesterday and it sounded right up my street and very local - 'til I heard the rate.
      I was very nice to the agency person and told her the going rate for this kind of role. Her response was that "but the project manager is only on £120 a day!"
      I wished her luck and told her to call back when they had a decent budget
      I'd bet that you would be moaning about your council tax bill if they paid properly though wouldn't you?

Comment

Manchester is not my council

Comment

Such a cute avatar... I have an overwhelming desire to pet it
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            Dont. I tried once , and it bit me

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
              l eat

HTH
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

This is the same agent (Connect Logic) that had the BA job up there with a crappy rate ... maybe they're trying to get their margins up ...

Comment

Someone will take it because it is better than nothing, and the number of people on nothing is growing.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Dont. I tried once , and it bit me

Piggies dont tend to bite (unless you're a carrot) but they can give you a hearty nibble.
                    Unlike blooming kittens - who rip you to pieces!

Comment

Working...
                    X