• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prosperity4 - Views

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosperity4 - Views

Just came across varipus posts on both Giant and P4 - don't look very reliable....

Been looking at various umbrellas and all seem much of a muchness.

Looked at P4 and they claim to be able to get me 40% more of my gross income.

Anyone any experiences of using them?

Anothers I have been recommended is Giant - any views or suggestions as to reliable umbrellas?
    Last edited by wilsoga; 10 October 2005, 18:09.

As cojak will tell you: anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is, or is that isn't?

Cojak'll tell you anyways.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well ive just finished a 5 month stint through ParasolIT (preferred by the client) - worked out quite easily, just did my time sheet online, they emailed me back an invoice within a couple of hours which I passed onto the client, each time they received funds from the client they texted me with the full amount id receive after deductions and it was invariably in my bank account well within the BACS timescales - CHAPS is available too, just email them 24 hours in advance.

It was pretty cheap - I was invoicing weekly and it worked out about £15 after automatically reclaiming it as an expense. They reminded me by text when I hadnt claimed any expenses for a month, which can be done online and followed up with receipts by post.

As to how much of yer dosh you manage to keep - well, for me I had had enough of dealing with the Revenue, Customs, Companies House etc, and I probably only lost less than a grand in take home pay. And I dont need to pay an accountant, which is nice. Will use them again.

Shame the client was a bit dodgy.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Fee Fi Fo Fum

I used Giant as an accountant, and now, for many good reasons, I don't.

I knew a few people using them as an umbrella, and they were claiming all sorts of expenses like £20/day unreceipted for meals. When I asked my accountant if I can do it, he said not unless you want a big bill when you get investigated.

Comment

Working...
        X