• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All your houses are belong to us. YOU belong to us.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All your houses are belong to us. YOU belong to us.

Houses empty for six months could be seized by the state

Some might say that if councils want to rent out council houses, they should build them themselves. And then not sell them.

Most chilling to me is to see that there is no suggestion that a house that you own might really belong to you and not to the state. It seems to be simply a question of whether the state wants it.

A bit like the Spanish land grab. You never really own, the state can take it at any time.

Interesting to see if the state stealing your property is an infringement of human rights, or does this law only protect terrorists and illegals?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Houses empty for six months could be seized by the state

Some might say that if councils want to rent out council houses, they should build them themselves. And then not sell them.

Most chilling to me is to see that there is no suggestion that a house that you own might really belong to you and not to the state. It seems to be simply a question of whether the state wants it.
      They do say - You dont own a house - it owns you.

And it turn - the house is owned by the State.

PS are you back home mow expat ?

Comment

But if an owner has no legally-approved excuse for keeping a home empty,
        What, like, "it's my property I can do what the f**k I like with it"?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Actually I think this is a good idea.

All property is theft, comrade.

Comment

Buy some old houses at auction.
            Strip them of everything with a scrap value.
            Report the houses to the state.
            State takes over management and does them up for you.
            ???
            Profit!
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Buy some old houses at auction.
              Strip them of everything with a scrap value.
              Report the houses to the state.
              State takes over management and does them up for you.
              ???
              Profit!

An excellent Plan B !!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

All property is theft, comrade.
                Property is freedom, as the same man said.

Comment

Empty Home Dwelling Orders allow local authorities to take over the management, but not the ownership, of a property.
                  You still own it. But forget plan B. The council takes a proportion of the rent to cover its own costs. If those costs include doing up the properties, your share of the rent is zero, and you still have to pay the mortgage.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

what if you get a 12 month gig overseas?

You want to keep your home, not let it out and come back at the end?

Now you'll come home and find 15 Albanian asylum seekers living there.

Comment

Working...
                    X