• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents %

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate agents %

Spoke to 3 estate agents yesterday. Last year they wanted 1%. Now they want 2%. So property prices have gone down 20% but they want more money then before. I thought they woudl charge less to attract people to sell.
    1 Agent said they weren't happy with another agent at the moment as they are charging only 1%. Guess where I went next?

Guess they figure it's a small consideration to buyers/sellers compared to everything else... and with so few sales maybe this is a desperate attempt to avoid dumping a ton of staff.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Mine charged me 1.5%. To be honest I was thinking of asking them to take more. Say £500 to the agent that could sell my flat within 10% of asking price within 12 weeks. Dunno if that is legal though.

Comment

In a falling market, If I were you i'd pay for the best estate agent to sell quickly for you.

Prices are falling 2% every month FFS!

Every month counts!

Comment

Why do you need an estate agent? There are plenty of online choices that get you on righmove et al and will cost <£300. Don't belive the sales hype. This is just like a contractor going direct to the client i.e. you make more money and have more control
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Why do you need an estate agent? There are plenty of online choices that get you on righmove et al and will cost <£300. Don't belive the sales hype. This is just like a contractor going direct to the client i.e. you make more money and have more control
            Sounds good doesn't it?

Problem is:

1. Some people don't like dealing with a vendor directly.
            2. Your property won't be on PrimeLocation or RightMove, which is like not being in Google.
            3. You will have to draw up your own decent (professional) floor plans, sort out the HIPS etc.
            4. Your photos will have to be good. Look at Savills, very good photos.

I advertised a house on several DIY online estate agents during the boom. Never had a single enquiry. Estate agent got me a dozen people in the first month.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
              Spoke to 3 estate agents yesterday. Last year they wanted 1%. Now they want 2%. So property prices have gone down 20% but they want more money then before. I thought they woudl charge less to attract people to sell.
              1 Agent said they weren't happy with another agent at the moment as they are charging only 1%. Guess where I went next?
              Ask DimPrawn to buy your place so he can add it to his property empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Ask DimPrawn to buy your place so he can add it to his property empire.
                I'd be looking for 50% below market value. Take it or leave it.

Comment

They need the extra to pay for the hidden stealth tax called HIPS that they then offer for free !!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Sounds good doesn't it?

Problem is:

1. Some people don't like dealing with a vendor directly.
                    2. Your property won't be on PrimeLocation or RightMove, which is like not being in Google.
                    3. You will have to draw up your own decent (professional) floor plans, sort out the HIPS etc.
                    4. Your photos will have to be good. Look at Savills, very good photos.

I advertised a house on several DIY online estate agents during the boom. Never had a single enquiry. Estate agent got me a dozen people in the first month.

1/ Who does most of the viewing? in my experince it's the vendor, dealing with the vendor on exchange dates etc. actually speeds things up
                    2/ Yes it will if you pick the right package
                    3/ Easy, HIPS are available cheaper online anyway
                    4/ Have you seen the speed most agents take photos?

I sold my house on such a site for more money than the agent told me I could get. i was getting many more enquiries than the agant ever got me. You just picked the wrong site.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X