• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swindon

Anyone from Swindon? What do you think of your roads?

I drove there last Saturday for the football. The traffic down the A420 went from free-flowing to cr@p as soon as I entered the town. I parked up in one of the rabbit-warren chav estates, then spent 20 minutes trying to find my way out again afterwards because of the estate's one-way system. I now hear from my fellow fans their tales of a Magic Roundabout that makes the Hemel one seem like just a slight bend in the road in comparison.

Never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I drove there last Saturday for the football. The traffic down the A420 went from free-flowing to cr@p as soon as I entered the town. I parked up in one of the rabbit-warren chav estates, then spent 20 minutes trying to find my way out again afterwards because of the estate's one-way system. I now hear from my fellow fans their tales of a Magic Roundabout that makes the Hemel one seem like just a slight bend in the road in comparison.

DP has his "mansion" there, but I hear he's upgrading to a 3-bed semi on some chav estate in West Sussex or somesuch.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

All roads lead to Swindon.

They tell me its lovely in the SpringTime.

Oh no its not ! - cried the children of Gong

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Milton Keynes!?
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

my first contract had me visiting Swindon, to see the Royal Mail Large Sorting Machines.

what a poo hole.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The road leading to the big car plant just off the M4 junction used to get quite busy, but I gather it's got a lot better recently.

Comment

The magic roundabout is a work of genius.

Comment

10 years ago, if you weren't at your desk by 8am, you may as well not bother, the place was gridlocked....

As for the magic roundabout.... the first time you see the sign, you think they're taking the p1ss!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Schild_db.jpg
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

There's one a bit similar to that in High Wycombe.
                    http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/...cm_b1a7471.jpg

My favourite road sign is on the M40, wonder how many people have crashed looking at it?

http://www.cbrd.co.uk/motorway/m40/photo/05.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X