• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milan - Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan - Plan B

Well Milan it appears I was a little premature about the state of my retail business. I had been a little lax preparing account this year and had only taken a glancing interest at the sales (which were down) and so assumed I was doing crap.

Excluiding contract work, turns out that this year will show a profit of £34k on the retail alone on a turn of £168k, last year was £25k profit on £220k(5% Import - Bought out Partner), 1st year was -£20k loss on £189k(0% Import & Business Partner) turnover.

Looks like those two containers I bought this year worked after all.Split is presently 40% Imported, 60% bought in UK.

So in hindsight, you should import and have no business partners!!!

Little bit more upbeat now, looks like I can swallow the rent increase.

Hows your going?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Hi MF,

glad to hear the numbers are adding up and giving clear signals which way to take the business, out with the home grown and in with the imports - best of luck.

My plan b, is still waiting for a certain milestone which will happen but is taking longer than was at first expected - but this is experience eh, you don't know if you don't try.

This time next year I'll tell you what my plan b is.

Then I'll be seeking advice on a reverse takeover of a small plc on the lse and issuing paper.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      out with the home grown and in with the imports - best of luck.
      You joined NuLabour Milan?
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

My plan b, is still waiting for a certain milestone
        So the Euromillions lottery is still giving you no joy then, hey!
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
        X