• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Love letter to TomTom about my new 740 Live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love letter to TomTom about my new 740 Live

Since purchasing the device last Saturday I have had nothing but trouble with it. This includes

Hands free via bluetooth is unreliable. Never successfully answered an incoming call. When answering, it says it has answered but neither the caller nor the operator can hear each other.

When turning the device on, it seldom pairs with the mobile phone. Random success rate. After several reboots it will eventually pair with the phone, although after updating via TOMTOM home last night, it no longer pairs with the phone. After boot it says connected to phone, but when you try and dial out it says it is not connected to a phone.

Made an outgoing call during the week. Home answered, then call dropped and TOMTOM device just made repeated clicking sound. Only a reboot cured the problem.

Device does not always report speed cameras. It is set to announce them via a beep, but seldom does. An icon depicting the speed camera appears on screen, but rarely actually beeps.

TOMTOM device cannot find my place of work. XXXX XXX. I added the location to my favourites when I was at work, and tried to navigate from my Digs (YYYY YYY) to work it said it could not calculate a route.

So in summary I bought the device to

Make and receive hands free calls
    Navigate to and from work
    Receive audible warnings about speed cameras.

This has been a spectacular waste of time and money thus far, and I look forward to a rapid and effective response.

For info the device serial number is

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Anticipating a long list of posts telling me how happy people are with theirs
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Why do you need to navigate to and from work? If I've been somewhere once I can find my way back.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
      Why do you need to navigate to and from work? If I've been somewhere once I can find my way back.
      I work in Cheshire where useful road signs are yet to be implemented.

HTH

Also, drive home on a Friday is 160 miles, and often snarled with traffic so TomTom is supposed to calcualate best route avoiding traffic.

Seriously, Cheshire road signage is woeful.

Comment

Gave mine to the wife, had similar issues with Bluetooth kept dropping calls then wouldn't switch off.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Get a Garmin.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Get a Garmin.
            Not compatible with my phone. Mind you, neithers the flamin TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              Get a Garmin.
              That gives traffic info too?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I work in Cheshire where useful road signs are yet to be implemented.

HTH

Also, drive home on a Friday is 160 miles, and often snarled with traffic so TomTom is supposed to calcualate best route avoiding traffic.

AA roadmap £2.99 that's what you need. Not some silly twat telling you to turn the wrong way up a one way street.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Local place for local people....

'elf and safety guru

Comment

There was a blind chick on the bus the other day who had a sat nav so she'd know where to get off, fairly original use for it i thought. Took me a while to suss out what was happening - i thought for ages it was someone trying to learn english using an mp3 player turned up really loud

Comment

Working...
                    X