• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gobsmacked - saved £500

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobsmacked - saved £500

my car insurance renewal came through from the broker, they were asking £730. Five minutes of googling and entering my details and I have been quoted £230.

I have heard of people saving a hundred quid or so, but £500

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Don't forget the cashback, look on moneysavingexpert

Comment

Aye, it's amazing what you can get from Saga these days

You old goat!
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

That's what you get for using a broker !
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Who isn't a broker these days? Even the supermarkets are.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
            Aye, it's amazing what you can get from Saga these days

You old goat!
            My dad cancelled his policy with Saga. He reported a minor incident to Saga. The work shouldn't have cost more than a few hundred quid, but the insurance company paid out over £3k and didn't bother telling my dad about it until his premiums were due.... his premiums went up a lot. Personally I would avoid using Saga, even if they are cheaper. They are very backhanded.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I knew a lass who worked for Saga. They used Excel for word processing, because the staff were so over worked, they didn't have time to learn how to use Word.

Stupid hours she worked, under a really nasty bullying management structure. The hallmark of many family businesses.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've got visions now of them bullying some old Ladies to complete some data entry.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  They used Excel for word processing, because the staff were so over worked, they didn't have time to learn how to use Word.
                  Are you telling me Excel isnt for word processing? So what should i be using powerpoint?

Pleomax
                  Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
                    Are you telling me Excel isnt for word processing? So what should i be using powerpoint?

Pleomax
                    For designing rooms and buildings.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X