PDA

View Full Version : Gobsmacked - saved £500

EternalOptimist
13th March 2009, 10:03
my car insurance renewal came through from the broker, they were asking £730. Five minutes of googling and entering my details and I have been quoted £230.

I have heard of people saving a hundred quid or so, but £500:eek:

:rolleyes:

Foxy Moron
13th March 2009, 10:04
Don't forget the cashback, look on moneysavingexpert

thelace
13th March 2009, 10:20
Aye, it's amazing what you can get from Saga these days ;)

You old goat!

zara_backdog
13th March 2009, 10:24
That's what you get for using a broker !

Foxy Moron
13th March 2009, 10:41
Who isn't a broker these days? Even the supermarkets are.

pmeswani
13th March 2009, 10:46
Aye, it's amazing what you can get from Saga these days ;)

You old goat!

My dad cancelled his policy with Saga. He reported a minor incident to Saga. The work shouldn't have cost more than a few hundred quid, but the insurance company paid out over £3k and didn't bother telling my dad about it until his premiums were due.... his premiums went up a lot. Personally I would avoid using Saga, even if they are cheaper. They are very backhanded.

NotAllThere
13th March 2009, 10:50
I knew a lass who worked for Saga. They used Excel for word processing, because the staff were so over worked, they didn't have time to learn how to use Word.

Stupid hours she worked, under a really nasty bullying management structure. The hallmark of many family businesses.

Foxy Moron
13th March 2009, 10:51
I've got visions now of them bullying some old Ladies to complete some data entry.

pleomax
13th March 2009, 11:16
They used Excel for word processing, because the staff were so over worked, they didn't have time to learn how to use Word.

Are you telling me Excel isnt for word processing? So what should i be using powerpoint?

Pleomax

pmeswani
13th March 2009, 11:19
Are you telling me Excel isnt for word processing? So what should i be using powerpoint?

Pleomax

For designing rooms and buildings.