• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Savers run away from stealth taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savers run away from stealth taxes

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...816803,00.html

"SAVERS were last week dismayed when news leaked out about Gordon Brown’s latest stealth tax, this time on life insurance and pension companies. ",

"The Association of British Insurers described it as a tax on savings. Coming on top of the notorious £5 billion-a-year dividend tax on pensions, watered-down Isas and the creeping impact of inheritance tax, this will encourage thousands of people to look again at how far they can protect themselves from the Treasury’s tentacles. ",

"Dick Krol, 51, who with his wife, Ruth, runs The Old Fisherman pub in Shabbington, Buckinghamshire, is thinking about moving money offshore.

Chase de Vere, an adviser, has already helped him to pay himself largely in dividends, avoiding National Insurance and cutting income tax.
    ",

Future's bright.

Milan.

Anyone sensible would be putting their money where the real money is and where there is usually no tax - drug dealing, people smuggling, sex trade, child trafficking, credit card fraud.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ah, Milans plan B.....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
      X