• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron to say sorry.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron to say sorry.

For not holding the government to account. Telegraph: David Cameron apologises for failing to hold Government to account over recession

Be grateful for small mercies. Maybe he’ll apologise for B’Liar’s standing ovation too.

I will not believe the man until he stands at the opposition despatch box and bangs it shouting to the Snot Goblin. “We will see you, B’Liar and the rest of you disgusting traitors hang for you evil crimes”.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

He is the Prime Minister elect, in my book.

Even here though on CUK, there are probably a few turkeys who will vote for Christmas
    Cats are evil.

Comment

I think that Cameron should raise his profile RIGHT NOW. I want this labour administration OUT, its turned out to be one of the worst in living memory.

New Labour are no good for a person that wants to better their own life through hard work and determination.

Comment

DC should resign and let maggie take over. Even gaga she is ten times the man he is.

Where will we find a leader who will take the tough decisions that need to be taken?

Comment

He's only apologising for something that everyone knows isn't his fault, to get Brown to admit it was his fault.

Its a political tactic (no surprise there) but I don't suppose it will be successful.

I can't see Lab staying in at the next erection, but maybe there will be some catastrophe at the last minute that Brown will be able to claim credit for.

Like eliquant said above, Cameron needs to raise his profile - no idea how though.

I blame mandelson.
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
            ....I can't see Lab staying in at the next erection,...
            That is why there is a danger of there not being another one.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
              He's only apologising for something that everyone knows isn't his fault, to get Brown to admit it was his fault.

Its a political tactic (no surprise there) but I don't suppose it will be successful.

I can't see Lab staying in at the next erection, but maybe there will be some catastrophe at the last minute that Brown will be able to claim credit for.

Like eliquant said above, Cameron needs to raise his profile - no idea how though.

I blame mandelson.

There is a risk because it allows the government to say "see - this means they wouldn't have done anything different".

But on the flip-side, people already know that. The Tories aren't ahead because they had/have better policies - but because they want to punish the government for their incompetance (an important facet of democracy).

I find it hard to understand why politicians fail to appologise for something that everyone knows is their fault. If Gordon Brown were to admit he was a child molester, serial killer or KGB agent, then it would certainly cost him some votes.

But his failure as an economic genius has already been "priced in" - he won't lose many more votes than he already has - and might actually gain a few for his frankness.

I suppose in Gordon's case though, it cuts to his whole reputation. Take away the 10 years of boom (which he would have to admit was a giant illusion) and what does have left on his CV.

Comment

Totally, it's genius from Cameron.
                I have still never actually met ANYONE who admitted to voting for Labour in the last general election. I have no idea how they are in power.

Even the working class people that used to automatically vote for them now realise they have been betrayed.
                I guess it is just public sector workers, but even they will become disgruntled when they stop getting pay rises and final salary pension schemes have to be abolished.

Comment

So if he had been doing his job properly Cameron should have been doing what Labour were actually accusing him of - planning Tory cuts. Is that what he's saying?

Imagine Labour supporters banging on about all those poor nurses, teachers and policemen on the dole...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                    I have still never actually met ANYONE who admitted to voting for Labour in the last general election.
                    You either live in a very strong Tory constituency or have a decidedly aberrant peer group. That is, if you make a habit of asking people which way they voted... I don't know who any of my friends voted for and I don't really care.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X