• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unprofessional? I think not!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprofessional? I think not!

I have posted yonks ago on the old board...but had to register again for this new one?! Oh well..anyway...have been on contract for a while at current employer...my boss left (a really nice guy, flexible, friendly..all round good egg) and was replaced by another contractor...a project manager of all things.

Well my contract is up for renewal (after rolling over once for 3 months )..I have always worked hard, been highly thought of etc etc...yes, and professional!

New boss lays into me yesterday, threatening all sorts, such as no reference as I've been so unprofessional, unhelpful blah blah and absolutely no chance of a renewal.

So, me being me (who else can I be?), let him rant on and on, having a go at mois, so I then said, I'm a total professional...then I chinned him and stalked off with a passing comment of 'forget what I just said!

Childish yes, but do I feel good? Damn straight.

Well a glasgow kiss would be considered unprofessional, but a right hook is straight out of the marquis of sainsbury so I think we can agree that was correct.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If this is true the it is both legendary and career-limiting at the same time!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Well a glasgow kiss would be considered unprofessional, but a right hook is straight out of the marquis of sainsbury so I think we can agree that was correct.

Marquis of Queensbury

lol

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

Marquis of Queensbury is the original patron of boxing. Not Sainsbury.

lol

Comment

Not good... I have two signed copies of a 6 month renewal from my last client, then a week later he starts saying he cant afford it and I had to take a pay cut and two months holiday, or hed sack me. Eventually agreed to a 3 month contract - that never materialised, and the day before the contract expired I was told in the corridor that I was leaving at 5.30 the next day. As far as im concerned the original contract still stands and i want to be paid the notice period.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

And they say there is no politics in contracting!

Comment

Working...
              X