• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a 30 incher and it needs extending ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 30 incher and it needs extending ..

I've just bought a 30 inch Dell Monitor off ebay and v. happy I am with it but I want it to be it aligned with my other 30 inch Dell monitor.

Unfortunately the other Dell Monitor is on a raised platform which is part of my physical desk.

Do you know anything out there which could raise the height of my new monitor that is black, please don't say 'use bricks/books/wood, a block of plastic' etc.

I am not keen on getting one of those monitor height entenders which clamp onto the edge of the desk, my desk is made out of re-inforced glass (only) and the colour is black btw.

Any advice will be answered by a hearty virtual handshake and three Hooray Henry cheers.

Doh !! they're called 'Monitor Stands' and you can get loads from misco.co.uk.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...asp?CatId=1116

I should not post when I have a head virus, it just makes me look like the donkey of the year as did the rather deceptive 30 inch claim in the title of this e-mail.

Ignore pls.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      Doh !! they're called 'Monitor Stands' and you can get loads from misco.co.uk.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...asp?CatId=1116

I should not post when I have a head virus, it just makes me look like the donkey of the year as did the rather deceptive 30 inch claim in the title of this e-mail.

Ignore pls.
      If it makes you feel any better, mine is 12 inches but I dont use it as a rule.

I'm talking about my notebook pc by the way.

Comment

Post up a pic of your setup please, once sorted - 2 x 30"
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
          I've just bought a 30 inch Dell Monitor off ebay and v. happy I am with it but I want it to be it aligned with my other 30 inch Dell monitor.

Unfortunately the other Dell Monitor is on a raised platform which is part of my physical desk.

Do you know anything out there which could raise the height of my new monitor that is black, please don't say 'use bricks/books/wood, a block of plastic' etc....
          Shouldn't you have used "Wilmslow" for that post?

Comment

Screw it to the wall:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Di...ting_Interface

Comment

Mine stands on a yellow pages, I found the Thomson Local was too thin.

HTH

A Cheapskate

Comment

Working...
              X