PDA

View Full Version : SAP Architect questions

threaded
15th March 2009, 18:00
A client has just been on the blower and wants me to do technical interviews, over the phone, tomorrow afternoon, on some of you lot (i.e. fellow contractors), for a SAP Architect post.

Need some questions!

Thanks in advance.

Liability
15th March 2009, 18:05
Do you know anything about SAP?

If not, why in the hell are you doing it? How absurd if this is the case.

NotAllThere
15th March 2009, 18:35
To advise you, I'll need a lot more detail. Send me a pm. SAP keep changing their definitions. As far as I'm aware, at the moment, technical architect means "Basis". But again, that's got more complicated recently.

pmeswani
15th March 2009, 20:38
A client has just been on the blower and wants me to do technical interviews, over the phone, tomorrow afternoon, on some of you lot (i.e. fellow contractors), for a SAP Architect post.

Need some questions!

Thanks in advance.

Assuming that the interviewee don't know that Google is their friend... have a look at http://sapbrainsonline.com/FAQs/TECHNICAL/SAP_ABAP_ARCHITECTURE_FAQ.html

threaded
15th March 2009, 20:41
Assuming that the interviewee don't know that Google is their friend... have a look at http://sapbrainsonline.com/FAQs/TECHNICAL/SAP_ABAP_ARCHITECTURE_FAQ.html

You are a darling - Thanks muchly.

milanbenes
15th March 2009, 20:42
ha ha this is so funny

edited cos I gave away a top tip

Milan.

pmeswani
15th March 2009, 20:44
You are a darling - Thanks muchly.

No problems. Good luck for tomorrow. And let me know when I can start. :D :D

Pondlife
15th March 2009, 21:01
Oh Dear (tm)

OwlHoot
15th March 2009, 22:18

Need some questions!

Thanks in advance.

Ask them what SAP stands for. Catches most out every time.

NotAllThere
16th March 2009, 08:20
ABAP originally stood for Allgemeiner Berichts-Aufbereitungs-Prozessor. Or, in English, Common Report Analysing Processor.

threaded
17th March 2009, 06:22
Well, that was relatively painless.

What I did was ask each of them to give me a good questions to filter for the best SAP architects, and then to answer them.

milanbenes
17th March 2009, 10:04
threaded,

with the greatest of respect....

Oh Dear

LOL

Milan.

oracleslave
17th March 2009, 10:13
threaded,

with the greatest of respect....

Oh Dear

LOL

Milan.

Whs. You might as well have got them all in a room for a quick game of russian roulette.

milanbenes
17th March 2009, 10:15
that kind of interview is a blagger's dream

Milan.

threaded
17th March 2009, 11:04
that kind of interview is a blagger's dream

Milan.

Respect due, it was you who gave me the idea!

Worked very well, 'cause if I knew the answer, then it weren't a good enough question. ;)

milanbenes
17th March 2009, 12:20
i guess if I was in your position,

I would start with an open philosophical question like in a .Net environment as Architect of these .Net components where would you begin with planning an implementation, and then from their answers I would just dig and dig and dig into their answers to the point where they cannot answer to see what they know like, how would you do that, how would you do that etc right down to nuts and bolts level of the design and implementation, sizing, capacity, disk space, installation, network, dns, high availability, integration, maintenance etc, why this, why that, how this, how that

the one who knows it will be able to just keep answering the one who is blagging will ultimately get stuck and hit a brick wall

Milan.