• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why.....

do people hide their faces when they are going to court, when everyone already knows what they look like ?

I was going to head down the sheriff court today to see the dregs in the custody court that Glasgow has dragged up over the weekend. Social theater at it's best.

Comment

Frizel's going to be arguing in court that he is a good father :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5914063.ece

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Went down the courts today as said. During the recess of the custody court I went up to see a sheriff court deliberate, I was the only person in the gallery of a case where some total thug was up for driving away when the police stopped his car. He got twitchy as he probably thought I was a journalist, started staring at me. Sheriff left the court (for a piss) and the gallery (me) was asked to leave, then the boy left the court room and starts having a go at me "you alright pall?" then his mates are all staring, I am replying with a few "I'm alright, you got a problem?" one boy gets up and moves toward me. Stood my ground but left shortly after as I expected them to follow me out the building. Fun day out.

Comment

Was up for jury service at the high court today in Glasgow (didn't get picked luckily), but still had to go through some of the initial proceedings including going into the courtroom to hear the charges read out.

Makes me laugh, these criminal masterminds that end up in the dock - the two geniuses today had set about someone with a pipe and huge knife then claimed it was "self defense" -

"Keep them at 24,000"
          "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by TCL View Post
            Makes me laugh, these criminal masterminds that end up in the dock - the two geniuses today had set about someone with a pipe and huge knife then claimed it was "self defense" -
            Seen a total ned in the custody court in the sheriff court last year get jailed as he was told to leave after getting bail. He never understood he was allowed to go so he started shouting "I want to represent myself, this is a f*****g disgrace" lawyer was telling him to shut up then the sheriff shouts "right that's you, remanded, 3 months till the next court date" Boy was totally bewildered. One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              the sheriff shouts "right that's you, remanded, 3 months till the next court date"

brilliant, another criminal mastermind at work. You've got to wonder how they manage to tie their shoelaces.

"Keep them at 24,000"
              "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                (Why) do people hide their faces when they are going to court, when everyone already knows what they look like ?
                Shame, I hope!

Comment

Working...
                X