• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Question] - Security Cleared to an SC level - How?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Question] - Security Cleared to an SC level - How?

Hey guys,

First post, so sorry if I violate any unwritten rules (I checked for stickies etc).
    Just finsihed two years in France ... and gotten out alive!

Applying for a new job in the UK, but they need SC cleared Engineers ... Which is an issues ... From what I gathered, any security issues in France were dealt with via the company.. so I'm not sure how to proceed in the UK, All the recruiting company has said is "Get Security Cleared to an SC level" and was then awfully unhelpful further ..

Am I missing out on something woefully simple?

Thanks in advance for the help guys ... or just the fantastic wit that seems to be here!

Mouse

Originally posted by Mouseco View Post
    Hey guys,

First post, so sorry if I violate any unwritten rules (I checked for stickies etc).
    Just finsihed two years in France ... and gotten out alive!

Applying for a new job in the UK, but they need SC cleared Engineers ... Which is an issues ... From what I gathered, any security issues in France were dealt with via the company.. so I'm not sure how to proceed in the UK, All the recruiting company has said is "Get Security Cleared to an SC level" and was then awfully unhelpful further ..

Am I missing out on something woefully simple?

Thanks in advance for the help guys ... or just the fantastic wit that seems to be here!

Mouse
    You are a numpty for posting in the wrong forum. The topic for discussing SC has been covered a number of times in the other forums.

Security Clearance is something you either have beforehand from a previous UK contract / employment, or something companies may consider putting you through if you are suitable. If you are looking for contracts of 6 weeks or less and is time sensative, forget about it unless you already have SC Clearance, as it would take about 6 weeks+ to get it. So if you are desparate to go for SC Clearance, then look for long term contracts, and not short term ones.

As you have spent the past 2 years abroad, it may be harder for you to get SC clearance. So look for roles that don't require it.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Of course you could just join the TA

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        Of course you could just join the TA
        Will have to be the signals though. Normal soldiers get BC clearance.

Comment

How can you find out whether you still have security clearance (at any level)?

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
            How can you find out whether you still have security clearance (at any level)?
            if you haven`t worked in a security cleared job in the last 12 months to the same level of any clearance you might of had, it would of expired.

I believe it is easier to get it back throuhg if you have lost it, even if this is just because some companies prefer previously security cleared people to be put through the process again.

Comment

To check mine I found an e-mail address on the DVA website.

I hope that is of some help.
              SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Thanks. I just called them and they told me over the phone. Simple!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Will have to be the signals though. Normal soldiers get BC clearance.
                  Heh, guess which part I messed about in for a while, I think all officers get SC as well mind.

Comment

Isn't the signals full time army? or are they reserves like the TA too?

Comment

Working...
                    X