• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will it sell?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it sell?

I had an offer on my flat a couple of weeks ago and its sale is currently in the hands of my and the buyers solicitors. Now bad news seems to be coming out on a daily basis from so called experts who should know better and keep their traps shut for a few more godddam weeks on house prices, mortages etc. Do you think my sale will go to completion or will my buyer get wet feet and heed all those front page bad news headlines decide to stay safe in rentsville? Just need a few more weeks...

Poll to come.
    Yes, it will sell fine
    20.00%
    No chance, he will pull out
    44.00%
    Only AndyW could know for certain at this stage
    36.00%

got a few properties myself and tried selling a couple last month, the buyers are all using the "reduce the price by 50k or I'll pull out" method

I'll wait a while yet.....
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I voted Yes. It all depends on the location, property and price obviously. But there are good reasons for certain people to buy. If they are spending money on survey etc. looks like they are committed.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        "reduce the price by 50k or I'll pull out" method
        I tried that technique in Soho last friday night. Didn't work

Comment

Prime London attracting european buyers? Yes
          The rest of London or the UK? No

I also think any minor fault with the property that was acceptable in good times, isnt now, eg, on a busy road, too far from railway station, aircraft noise, rough neighbourhood, etc.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            I tried that technique in Soho last friday night. Didn't work
            My favourite post today by miles.

Comment

Friends of mine have just been gazundered. They are a bit ****ed off to say the least, but at least they still get to sell...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Next door went on the market in September for 990K. It's now on for 775K and there is no "Sold" sign yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  But there are good reasons for certain people to buy.
                  The main reason to buy is, it is cheaper than rent in the long term. Rents in Docklands are reduced by half, 2bed apartment are now advertised at £210 PW. Can't buy 2bed apartment in Dockland for that (yet)
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Four of you were right, the solicitor told me today that we have now exchanged contracts. Just as I was beginning to regret not letting my flat out rather than selling it a bit quick and cheap. Here's hoping property prices crash some more. Anyone see Propertywatch on BBC2 yesterday evening?

Comment

Working...
                    X