• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is every company in this country absolutely ******* useless?!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is every company in this country absolutely ******* useless?!!

Booked a holiday with Thompsons - I dont normally use package deals, but I saw one I liked and thought "why not".

They've just sent me a really stroppy email asking why I haven't paid the 2nd deposit, even though they've written to me!
    Of course I've received no such letter.

So I ring them up.....no answer.

I try looking for an online contact.....nothing, or even better an online payment facility....nothing!

So I ring again...no answer.....I ring again...no answer.

******* hopeless ****wits.

Every single time I try and do ANYTHING with ANY company in this ******* country it's impossible.
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Booked a holiday with Thompsons - I dont normally use package deals, but I saw one I liked and thought "why not".

They've just sent me a really stroppy email asking why I haven't paid the 2nd deposit, even though they've written to me!

I try looking for an online contact.....nothing, or even better an online payment facility....nothing!

Every single time I try and do ANYTHING with ANY company in this ******* country it's impossible.
    Churchill - In "making a note of the date" mode!

(You know what I'm talking about, don't ya fellas?)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Had it on email reminder since last year
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

It's how I know when to do my timesheets.

Comment

What's St. Patrick's Day go to do with it ?
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Second angry post in as many days.... TOTM?
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Off topic on post two. Fantastic.

Although the blokes have to realise that the right thing to do is to let the woman rant. There is nothing that can be done to fix the problem, so don't even try.

Just sit back, appear to be listening, and make sympathetic noises from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                Off topic on post two. Fantastic.

Although the blokes have to realise that the right thing to do is to let the woman rant. There is nothing that can be done to fix the problem, so don't even try.

Just sit back, appear to be listening, and make sympathetic noises from time to time.
                Which is exactly what we are doing. Note that none of us has attemted to offer any kind of argument, contradiction or "helpfull suggestions". We know whats good for us
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I assume there's no local store available?
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Yous are all very funny

I'm putting Thomsons on my list - they can **** off if they think they're getting another penny out of me.

I just got through to them after an hour and a ******* half, and I get this indian bloke who I could hardly understand...and he wouldn't accept my card cause it was my husbands!!! He has to ring back with it!!!!

So they can gan and get f*cked - I'm cancelling. I hope they go bust, useless c*nts.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X